Search This Blog

Easter Weekend

>> Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thanks to some sunshine and sweet baby sugars, I quickly got over my Easter bah-hum-bugs this weekend!


My mom's house was literally bursting at the seams this Easter weekend, and I don't think she would have had it any other way.  Between my sister coming down for the holiday weekend and my stepbrothers home for Spring Break, we had every bed in the house occupied.  Poor Amelia even had a nursery set up in the laundry room, but she's too sweet to mind!

We cooked, laid by the pool, talked, played and even dyed Easter Eggs for the first time ever.  No joke, at 11 o'clock Saturday night I sure did have the ipad out googling "How to dye eggs?".  There were many comments over the weekend about how we needed Grandma, she would have known just what to do!



My mom has always enjoyed the chaos of a house full and it the perfect hostess.   She even extended an invite to my mother-in-law and her family to come and join us for Easter Brunch.  In case you lost count, that meant that we had 17 people and a dog for Easter! And 12 people living at her house for the weekend.


My brothers and Aunt Katie played Easter Bunny so the boys could hunt eggs.  As soon as Jackson figured out that jelly beans were inside of the "balls", his poor cousin didn't stand a chance! He was on a mission to get as many balls as his basket could hold.  Literally, the kid wouldn't eat anything but jelly beans for the entire day!



Jackson was so sweet with Amelia, I actually had to fight with him for a chance to hold her.  He wanted her all to himself.  And being that I ended up catching pinkeye on Sunday night, I guess it was a good thing I wasn't holding her every hour of the weekend! Pinkeye, can you believe?!?


I hope the bunny was good to you and you had a blessed weekend with your loves!
Photobucket

3 comments:

KJJ Houston April 26, 2011 at 4:37 PM  

too fun!! I love your moms outfit, I secretly cant wait to get older and wear that type of stuff, its so dang cute! Not saying your mom is old, she looks fab!
What a good lookin family missy!

Amber April 26, 2011 at 6:15 PM  

Looks like you guys had a blast! :)

Jennifer April 26, 2011 at 10:27 PM  

Okay...I see why you spend $130 on monogrammed clothes...LOL! Love that everyone, including you mom, is wearing their easter attire!! So cute. It is nice to hear that you had a blessed weekend with your family. I can't believe how big Amelia is getting...and that hair...too precious with her little bows.

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails