Search This Blog

Reflections

>> Monday, April 4, 2011

As I laid my head down on my pillow last night, it hit me. This would be the last week we would start in our first home. The last Sunday night I would stare at my ceiling and reflect on our weekend and stress about the week to come. I hate to dwell on the last, but this is the last week we'll spend as our family of three in the first house we made a home.  As happy as I am about our new house, it will never be our first.

We spent the entire weekend boxing up memories and moving our life into a storage unit - where it will remain for the next 6-8 weeks.  With each box came a different emotion.  I went from being completely overwhelmed to totally detached from the bare walls and hallow echos, but last night was bittersweet.

As we continue to grow, this house was more than our first home - it's our foundation.

Our house is where Mr. and I first lived together.
This house was where we came home and spent our first night as husband and wife.
The yard was the first yard that we ever planted a seed, a flower, a tree.
This house has seen and felt the pain as we struggled to start our family.
Our house is where our first son was conceived and brought home.
This house is where we struggled through our first year as parents - and made it through.
Our house hosted our first dinner party, our first baby shower, our first holiday.
 I decorated my first Christmas tree, my first nursery, my first table scape and front door decorations.
The neighborhood where Jackson first trick-or-treated and played ball
This house is where Jackson first crawled, first stood and walked.

This list of firsts could go on and on and I'm sure as the week passes I'll have even more emotions about leaving.  However, looking back at where we've been and how far we've come in 4 years makes me proud and I can't imagine what the next house will bring for us!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Jennifer April 4, 2011 at 12:35 PM  

I am sharing the in the bittersweetness of this whole thing for you :) You will always hold the memories you made in your first house close to your heart. But know that even bigger and better things will come!

Olivia April 5, 2011 at 6:34 AM  

This is all to close to home, as we are hoping to sell ourselves. While I know there is a better house out there for us, it is still difficult to think that we will be leaving our first house and even more our kids' first house.

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails