Search This Blog

House updates

>> Thursday, April 28, 2011

I realized it's been a while since I last updated about our new house. Things are slowly coming along and I cannot wait for everything to do be done. We have decided to paint the bead board the same color as the ceiling paint, and paint the cypress "beams" two shades darker.  I saw another house with the stain and it was just too dark for me.

Our builder is beyond aggravated and pissed off with our decisions.  So much for the client always being right, huh?!? You'd think he was giving us the house, not selling it to us with his attitude!

Anyway, the cabinets are all in place. The light fixtures have been ordered and are scheduled to go up next week. The workers are doing the tile this week and they made the granite pattern for the kitchen last night. The hardwood floors can't be done until the house has electricity so they can run the AC to keep the humidity out... so there's still plenty of work to be done!

I'm trying to plan out how I want to tackle decorating and each room. Jackson's bathroom is a new room we've never had before, so I'm starting from scratch. There's tons of gender specific decor out there, but since his bathroom is shared with another bedroom, I'm hesitant to make it "boy". You know, in case our next baby is a girl. So, if you see any cute gender neutral decor or shower curtains out there - please let me know!!!

Here are some pictures of the house, I'm going to try and post every Thursday about the house updates!

UPDATE: The shitty looking 2 x 4's cypress beams are coming down and ceiling will have crownmolding to match the rest of the house.  I just couldn't deal with the "rugged" looked and prefer the beautiful molding instead! Finally, I'm a happy girl:)


Jackson's bathroom
master bath
The hall bathroom is kind of hard to photograph, but it looks like the master bathroom's finishes.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Courtney April 28, 2011 at 2:15 PM  

I actually got Berkley's bathroom decor from Kohl's...it's all bright rainbow colors & wasn't very expensive. It's also easy to accessorize & update when needed.

Sarah Hawkins April 28, 2011 at 2:35 PM  

Your house looks great! I found your blog from your sister. We went to Auburn together. Your little boy is precious!

Sarah Hawkins April 28, 2011 at 2:36 PM  

Your house looks great. I found your blog through your sister. We went to Auburn together. Your little boy is precious!

Lisa April 28, 2011 at 5:52 PM  

Its looking beautiful!!!

Lea Liz April 29, 2011 at 5:29 AM  

Love love love your kitchen!! The house is looking beautiful!!!

Karen At Home Blog April 29, 2011 at 11:36 AM  

Your new home is stunning! I love all the granite! Stick to your guns with your builder, we had to or I would have one less closet in my house right now! Couldn't imagine life without it.

Jennifer April 30, 2011 at 10:53 PM  

Wow....it is really coming together!! I am so excited for you...maybe even a bit jealous..LOL! Can't wait to see it as it progresses.

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails