Search This Blog

We didn't make it...

>> Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Well we didn't even come close to making it 6 weeks without seeing a doctor. We only made it one week, to be exact. Why does this keep happening?!?

I'm in search for a bubble to put my sweet Jackson in at the moment.  So, if any of you have ideas or recommendations on how I can keep this kid out of a doctor's office, I gladly welcome them!

10 days after Jackson finished his last dose of his antibiotic, the cough came back. After two whole weeks of not one cough and a happy boy, I'm completely devastated. Monday morning I heard the cough and my heart broke. I hoped that it was just a fluke, but by yesterday he was coughing all day and all of last night.

We went back to the allergist this morning and he believes that Jackson has come down with yet another infection.  However, I am not sure if I buy this or not...

He still doesn't think this is allergy related, so I question whether or not I need to take him back to our pediatrician?!? We're starting another round of antibiotics this morning and he got a steroid dose as well.  I'm hoping that the second round of antibiotics will continue to fight whatever is bring Jackson down.

The glimpse at life with a well baby was too wonderful to stop fighting for. I love my baby, but y'all just don't understand what a different kid he's been for the past two weeks. Falling back into the whiny, clingy, pissed off toddler last night was just so frustrating. At least now I know that this is because he doesn't feel well and not his "terrible two" personality.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Lauren April 6, 2011 at 6:52 PM  

Ugh, I'm so sorry you guys are having a rough time :(

I hope things get better soon!

Amy April 6, 2011 at 10:07 PM  

Ugh, that is not cool! :( poor guy. I hope you get rid of it for good!! I have a tiny inkling we might be headed in a very similar direction in constant sickies....damn allergies. :(

Jennifer April 6, 2011 at 10:28 PM  

OMG....that is horrible!! I was rooting for him :) I wish I had some good advice, but I don't. Jusy keep your patience and pray :)

Jenni April 8, 2011 at 11:05 AM  

Eeekk That Sucks I'm so sorry you guys are dealing with this.

These are only suggestions and who knows if they truly work, but they have for my Son. T does not drink milk so I had to supplement with something, OJ with Calcium. Perfect because now he gets Calcium + Vitamin C.. I also give him Vitamins OTC Chewables..Everyday. Seems to keep him pretty darn healthy, and this was only discovered after all the sick days, ear infections after ear infections, allergies constant runny nose. etc
It may or may not help you guys, but I feel like it did for us.. Good luck. =)

Ashley April 13, 2011 at 6:08 PM  

feel so bad for you :(

Praying for you guys...RIGHT NOW.

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails