Search This Blog

Moving on...

>> Thursday, April 14, 2011

After four years of making a house our first home, we've officially turned over the keys and have moved on. Our little starter home was just that, and after an exhausting week of moving I've hardly had a minute to process everything.

With the help of some truly amazing friends and family members, we were able to pack our lives up and move into two storage units and my mom's house in a little over one week's time. To my surprise, I couldn't be happier that we have a month to rest and recover until it's time to move into our new house. The thought of unpacking and cleaning again makes me slightly nauseous!

As I vacuumed and mopped my way out of the house, our decision to move finally felt right. For the first time I was truly at peace with our decision to move. Crazy, I know, but it's hard not to second guess if you're doing the right thing.  A bigger house also means a bigger mortgage and putting that momma mobile on hold for a little while. 

I left a welcome package for the new home buyer, complete with our paint chip samples, instruction manuals for the appliances, and a few detergent tabs for the dishwasher. As I walked out of the house, I never looked back. The house had been good to us, but it is time to move on to bigger and better, which is so exciting!

We took one final family picture with my iphone and I'll cherish this photo for years to come. Mr. celebrated his 37th birthday on moving day and Jackson has never been so cute. No matter where we are, with my boys, I am home.

The Wilson's 04.08.11

Oh the pictures I have with my little dude standing in this spot, he's grown so much and melts my heart daily!

Happy Birthday Daddy, time to get packing:)
And if you noticed, I sure did turn into a brunette before the move...not 100% intentionally either.  Thank goodness I have a month to lay in the pool to lighten it up a bit;)

Photobucket

9 comments:

Jamie April 14, 2011 at 9:43 AM  

so happy for you! such an exciting time! can i please buy your next house from you? you are so thoughtful to leave all that stuff for the new owners! i will have to remember that when we sell our first house! happy birthday to your husband!

Ashley April 14, 2011 at 10:29 AM  

Ahhhhh! This is just what you guys needed, I am so thrilled for yall.... now we can really get cracking on baby #2!

Unknown April 14, 2011 at 10:35 AM  

Congrats on the move! So exciting, yet stressful too. Your new home is beautiful. By the way, I actually love the brunette on you!

Unknown April 14, 2011 at 10:35 AM  

Congrats on the move! So exciting, yet stressful too. Your new home is BEAUTIFUL! Oh and I LOVE you brunette by the way!

Rachel Harvey April 14, 2011 at 11:09 AM  

I'm LOVING the brown hair! And it makes me tear up just reading your post and all the memories that you have in your first home. I love it!

Lyryn April 14, 2011 at 1:07 PM  

So fantastic! This is so exciting. Time for a new season!

Annie April 14, 2011 at 6:05 PM  

so exciting!! ya'll have not only moved on but you've moved up!! :)

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam April 14, 2011 at 7:35 PM  

So excited for your family! I just know I will bawl my eyes out when we leave our first house!

http://www.andreasattic-andrea.blogspot.com

Jennifer April 15, 2011 at 7:33 AM  

Congratulations!! It is so calming to hear that you are at peace with your decision. I am sure it is scary...bigger mortgage, more responsibility....buy it will all work out. Take a breather and relax for a few weeks before the chaos begins. Looking forward to seeing your new pad :) Oh...and I like you as a brunette :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails