Search This Blog

Drop-off meltdowns suck

>> Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sorry the title of this post is pretty lame, but it is what it is - sucky!

Jackson is doing well at his new school.  He comes home with sweet projects and drawings.  His vocabulary triples almost every day.  And he's eating some really great food and is "the best napper in the class". 

However, dropping him off every morning is pure torture.  The first week was great.  Mr. dropped him off and he waved bye like such a big boy.  Weeks 2 and 3 result in Jackson clinging on to either one of us for dear life and screaming at the top of his lungs.  His teacher literally has to peel him off of us while we run away. 

I know that he settles down and has a great day minutes after we leave.  But, hearing his screams when I get in my car to leave just plain sucks! I hate starting my day this way, it just breaks my heart.

We've been dropping Jackson off for child care since January, so this is not a new concept to him.  I'm pretty sure Jackson just hates the fact that he has to share with 11 other kids and isn't as spoiled as he has been...guess time will tell!

At least picking him is a completely different story.  He beams from ear to ear and can't jump into my arms fast enough - it almost makes me forget how sucky my day started, almost.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown June 23, 2011 at 9:18 AM  

I can't imagine the day when Grayson is clinging to me!! It must break your heart! I know it has to be done though!

Amy June 23, 2011 at 9:58 AM  

aw, man! That has to be hard. Brady's done that a few times when i've left somewhere and it sucks and breaks your heart! It also sucks when you leave and your kid could care less! HA!

Jennifer June 23, 2011 at 12:24 PM  

Oh momma, sorry to hear that. Just keep telling yourself that it's hurting you worse than it's hurting him. Those tears probably stop the minute you drive away, but it's still hard to hear.

KJJ Houston June 23, 2011 at 8:19 PM  

I promise it gets better, it really took Jack almost 3 to 4 months, and he still has his days (usually Monday) where he gets cligy, its hard, I cried a few times in the start, but he has SO.MUCH.FUN there! Hang in there love! xo

Megan June 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM  

Girl, we're struggling with the same thing!! I've decided it's an age thing. They're trying to figure out how much power and control they have. The church nursery workers told me Rams stops crying in less than 60 seconds after drop off. I sometimes wonder if Ramsey's goal in life is to make me feel guilty. ;)

Love the new house----beautiful!!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails