Search This Blog

Home Sweet Home!!!

>> Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I can't believe that I'm finally saying this, but we are finally moved in to our new home!!!

We weren't sure when closing would be, which was beyond stressful for planning and coordinating the move.  Jackson woke up Friday morning with a little fever (I hate teething) so he needed to be kept home from school.  I stayed home with him, which ended up working out pretty good when we found out at noon that we'd be able to close at 4PM that day.  Since Jackson wasn't sick, were able to get a lot done during the day in preparation for closing and the big move!

My dad flew down for the weekend, so he was able to watch Jackson while I got coolers of water and beer packed and loaded up on snacks for my helpful movers:)

While Mr. and I were at closing, my dad and step-dad picked up a U-haul moving van and went to our storage unit to start loading.  I'm beyond blessed with these two guys.  I have two of the most generous and selfless dads in the world!

After Mr. and I signed about a thousand pieces of paper, we picked up my mom and dropped Jackson off to Felicia (our old nanny), and headed to our new house! Felicia was in town for the weekend, so she watched Jackson for us and they kept each other quite entertained:) I miss that girl so much!

From Friday night through Sunday night, we literally busted our asses and got completely moved in.  Every box has been unpacked.  Almost every picture and mirror has been hung.  And the guys even managed to completely floor the attic - in the oppressive Louisiana heat! My step-dad put his leg through the attic a couple of weeks ago, so the flooring was pretty necessary. 

We have a list of stuff still to do, like getting new bar stools, candles, and putting out our picture frames - but, we're home and it sure is sweet!!!

Family room looking into kitchen
Family room and foyer, hall to bedrooms

Kitchen into dinning room (my patio umbrella is some kinda messed up!)
Bar in corner of dinning room

Dinning room - I am using my console/sofa table as a buffet and love it!
Outside covered patio
Outside patio (this space needs some work still. still need a tv and mini fridge for out here)
Addition to the covered patio, outside eating area
Master bedroom

Jackson's room

Jackson's bathroom
Guest bedroom
The 4th bedroom is pretty much empty, so I didn't take a picture and the master bath and 3rd bathroom are really hard to get a good picture of.  But, we're ready for visitors and glad to be home:)
Photobucket

6 comments:

Meant to be a mom June 14, 2011 at 6:46 PM  

I absolutely love your new house. Its GORGEOUS! The outdoor seating area with the fireplace. The wood floors, the kitchen, the whole thing. Great pic on houses. Beautiful.

Lindsey B June 14, 2011 at 7:20 PM  

It looks beautiful! Love the new house! And I am so glad that you are feeling more settled!

Jennifer June 14, 2011 at 7:24 PM  

You are ready for visitors, can we come over?? LOL! It is stunning. I know you are going to be make many happy family memories in your new home! Love the idea of the console table in the dining room and the outside area is to die for!! Oh, and is Jackson potty training?? I see the little potty seat..LOL! I am trying to get Anthony started and he is not really interested..LOL!

Rose June 15, 2011 at 8:00 AM  

Wow! I am so impressed- the house looks so nice and homey already. Great job! It is beautiful!

Amy June 15, 2011 at 8:13 AM  

YAY! Welcome home :) I bet it feels good to be home! Bet it's a little less chaotic now! It's beautiful and i loooove the outside area!!!

ps, i haven't commented in a while. Jackson is so dang cute and Happy Belated birthday to the big guy! I can't believe that mine will be in about 4 months! :) oh and potty training scares me sooooooo! ha ha

Ashley June 16, 2011 at 9:45 AM  

Looks visitor ready... hell yeah! I cant wait to be sipping a cocktail on that porch!!!!!! :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails