Search This Blog

My new office

>> Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm not sure whether this is my office-closet or my closet-office? Either way, I'm pretty happy with the new work space I created over the weekend.

Our new house has tons of storage and closet space, which I'm sure will fill up as we grow into the house. Until then, I'm enjoying the minimalist look I have going on!

The walk-in closet in our room (actually in our bathroom) is huge. And we certainly don't have enough clothes to fill all of the hanging racks, or the additional closet that is in our bedroom. We have a linen closet in our bathroom, so I was really at a loss as to what to do with this extra space in our room.

Mr. had to work Saturday, so Jackson and I made a little trip to Pottery Barn and it hit me! There in the corner of the store was this perfect little chair calling my name. It was the perfect size and height to fit under one of the shelves in the extra closet, and I decided to make the closet my little office!

As soon as we got home, the transformation started. First I moved the filing cabinet from the extra bedroom closet to the floor of the new office. Then I used storage bins to organize my camera equipment and chargers. I forgot to pick up a desk organizer, so I decided to use mason jars instead. I think it turned out so cute, and the best part - all I have to do is close the closet doors and it's put away from sight!
I guess I'll be blogging from the closet now:)
Photobucket

3 comments:

Amber June 21, 2011 at 11:23 AM  

Love, love this idea! The chair fits perfectly! :)

Jennifer June 22, 2011 at 8:45 AM  

Love, love, love it!! It is a great idea to use the space that way. I am sure you will eventually fill all of the closets up..LOL! Hey, do you have a closet I can use?? Mine are overflowing. I will laugh when I see your posts because I will picture you in the closet..LOL!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails