Search This Blog

Staying positive

>> Wednesday, April 21, 2010

First and foremost, I must say thank YOU for all of your sweet comments, emails, thoughts and prayers. I believe in the power or prayer, and right now the more people we have praying for us the better!

Mr. has made some progress in the job hunt process. In one week's time, he's sent out a dozen resumes, had a couple of interviews, and been turned down once. He has very high hopes for a second interview with a firm on Friday. His first interview left him feeling more inspired then I've ever seen him. I am praying they offer him a job soon. Not only because it would be great for us, but because it would be a place where Mr. could excel and truly succeed. He has worked for someone for too long and needs to make a name for himself. This is a firm that wants everyone to succeed, and gives them the means and resources to do so.

In one week's time, I have learned a lot about myself. I am trying to stay positive, but there are moments when it seems impossible. I like to be in control and motivate people. I've learned that this can also come across as bossy and nagging. I have learned that it's okay to be vulnerable and to ask for help. If you don't ask then, people will never know that you need them. I have very high expectations, which is a good thing. I just need to have more patience and faith because my expectations cannot be met overnight. I have also learned that if you mess with my cubs, I am one fierce Momma Bear.

More importantly though - I have learned that no matter what the situation or feelings I may have, at the end of the day there is no where that I would rather be then in my Mr.'s arms. Because with my Mr. great things are possible. Dreams are endless. Together we have Jackson, which speaks for itself. And together, as a family of three, we will remain positive and wait for Him to open the door.



6 comments:

Kayla April 21, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

So true! You are great provider of many things and are a very special person to our family!

Amber April 21, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

I'm so sorry to hear about this! Your positive attitude is so inspiring. I'm praying for your family and hoping everything works out for the better. Hope all is well :)

Unknown April 21, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

Prayer that the second interview goes well. Keep your head up!

Ashley April 21, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

The last paragraph made me cry, how true, funny how the little things really just dont matter sometimes... you know little things like jobs! ;)

You are such a great momma bear, but yes, we can get fierce at times cant we? Loved that line!

Lisa April 21, 2010 at 1:08 PM  

I meant to comment on your last post...I jsut want you to know that your family is in my thoughts as you guys go through this difficult time. Remeber, its these stressful times that make you guys stronger, I know its tough but hang in there.

((((HUGS))))

Tim and Heather April 21, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

jeez Kristen, life sure has you in a spin right now. It's so great that you are staying positive. I'm with you- I know trying to be the positive person and encouraging can come across as being bossy- I guess then I'm a good boss! LOL! I know things will work out for you guys. This will only make you stronger. Keep up the good thoughts and let us know how things are going. I know we're a long way out, but if you need anything let us know.

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails