Search This Blog

Surreal

>> Monday, April 19, 2010

The past two weeks seem like a blur. I am not sure where to even begin. Somewhere between puking my guts out and sleeping for 24 straight hours my Mr. came home with horrible news that his law firm lost a big client. And one week later, my Mr. lost his job.

I've sat down to write about it a few times, but I haven't been able to. Publishing this for all to see means that it's real. And how could it be real? How could it be that my husband lost his job? My husband, the attorney, the bread winner, the provider, was laid off.

It just all seems so surreal.

As the shock of the news lessens, we are able to see that this is for the best. We find comfort in knowing and believing that God doesn't shut one door without already having another one open.

My Mr. is on a journey to find that open door. It is a journey that has made me fall deeper in love with him. All of this has proven to me, without a doubt, the kind of man he is. I know that we will see the positive side of this. I know that He will not let us down.

Sometime change is truly for the best.

And like we learned through our struggle with infertility, nothing easy is ever good and nothing good is ever easy.

Please keep my Mr. (and everyone else that has lost their job) in your thoughts and prayers. Please pray for those to find their path to their open door.

8 comments:

Unknown April 19, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

I am so, so sorry. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

I just have to tell you that your attitude is truly inspiring. You're an amazing lady!

Stay strong - I'm thinking of you guys!

Ashley April 19, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

Ohhh babe, I am so sorry, but your outlook on life and attitude are SO true esp. in this situation. I thought the same exact thing when Luke and I were in this position and it was such a blessing for us really.
I will pray for you and keep you in my thoughts.
Let us know if you need anything, even just to vent!

Courtney April 19, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

So many prayers headed your way!!!! Thank you for your vulnerability...it helps me know how to pray for you!
God will make a way...

Kristy Sola April 19, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

You guys are in my prayers. You have the right attitude though. I am a strong believer that this happened because God has something even better for your family. Even if it's something you can't see know or would have ever thought would be the reason for this. He knows what your family needs and he's taking control, kinda cool if u look at it like that. Hang in there though I know it's still a tough time.

Kevin Dennstaedt April 19, 2010 at 8:07 PM  

Praying for your precious family.
James 1:2-12
Love to you,
Jo

L April 20, 2010 at 2:14 AM  

I am so so sorry to hear that. I'll keep you & your fam in my thoughts and prayers about that open door. Take care! xo.

Meant to be a mom April 20, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

I'm so so sorry to hear that your family is struggling right now. This is a terrible time to be in this position that your in but I think your faith and trust in God will carry you through. Stay strong and know that my prayers are positively with you guys!

Anonymous,  April 24, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

I am sorry to hear this! I will be keeping you in my thoughts!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails