Search This Blog

Closed for business

>> Thursday, January 27, 2011

Well ladies, it's official, this momma's milk making factory is closed for business. I have been gradually weaning Jackson since Christmas, but last night was the last time.  I'm in St. Louis for the next three nights, so this really is it:( We probably could have gone on nursing forever, but I was in fear that we'd end up like that couple from the Grown-ups, still nursing at 48-months:)

Nursing was just easy, once we figured it all out, and worked so well for us.  I'll always treasure that special bond and time with Jackson.  I thought that I would cry and be emotional about the last time, but I just tried not to think about and soaked it all in.

I'll write more about my weaning process soon.  Until then, here's to almost 20 months of nursing my sweet boy!

 


Photobucket

7 comments:

MrsAstor January 27, 2011 at 6:43 PM  

Oh my goodness! I'll be interested to hear the weaning process...we're going to be starting it in a month (or maybe not :) Cheer's to you for making it 20 months, such a gift you've given him!

Karen At Home Blog January 27, 2011 at 7:52 PM  

Congratulations Momma! What an amazing gift you gave that sweet boy. I know how hard it was to wean Jillian, I still miss it but cherish those times we had together. Can't wait to hear more details on how it went. Hugs to you but also one big congratulations for all of your hard work and dedication!!!!

Karen

Lea Liz January 27, 2011 at 9:32 PM  

I know exactly how you feel girl! I would have nursed Brody forever, and he would have too! haha
I nursed him until 19 months!
Yay to you for making it almost 20!!!!!

KJJ Houston January 27, 2011 at 10:03 PM  

I think its amazing what you have done, I only lasted 2 months, so you lasting 2 with a 0 on the end is AMAZING!!! GREAT WORK Mom!

rodefamily January 28, 2011 at 8:25 AM  

Such an awesome gift that you have given him. Congratulations on making it that far!

Allie January 30, 2011 at 8:00 AM  

Okay your blog is adorable, my twitter referred me to you!! Congrats on BF for so long! I swear it is what has made both of my boys so healthy, that and probably the fact that they stay at home with me haha!! Your little man is so cute, I have two little boys, 21 months and 5 months! I love little men, I am not following you!!! Congrats again!!

mommygator22.blogspot.com

Paige January 30, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

I imagine this is such a bittersweet time for you! yay for you for hitting the 20 month mark!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails