Search This Blog

Do you shellac?

>> Tuesday, January 25, 2011

This may be old news to some of you, but I just have to share - Have y'all heard of Shellac nail polish?!?

I think Stephanie first told me about the polish, since she lives in a big city, she knows about this kind of stuff. My sister also told me, but her nail salon hadn't gotten the polish in yet when we were there over Christmas. Well I finally found a couple of nail salons here that are using this new polish!

I bit my nails as a young girl, but then one day I wanted to have "pretty nails" like my mom and grandma. They encouraged me to stop biting them, and poof, I had beautiful nails. My "nail ladies" have even mistaken them for being acrylic. But, I've never had fake nails a day in my life, unless you count press on nails for playing dress-up:)

However, over the past two weeks my beautiful nails have one-by-one gone to hell.  Every time I turned around they were breaking off.  And not just a little break, they were breaking so low that I was tearing my nail beds. It sucked!

So in pain and panic, I decided to give this Shellac business a try. It's guaranteed for two weeks, and can last up to three. It seemed like a no brainier to me. Did I mention that it only costs a few dollars more then my regular french manicure?!?

Saturday morning I went to the salon and said I wanted Shellac polish. The girls went into the back, like it was some secret, and brought out the polish colors I had to pick from.  The process took a little longer than my normal manicure, but when I was done my nails were totally dry. You just have to bake your hands with a UV light for two minutes!

I had my nails done Saturday and so far I've had no chips, breaks, or smuggdes. I've given Jackson three baths. I decorated my front door for Mardi Gras. And I've started packing for St. Louis. All of these things would have caused my normal polish to wear by now!

As of today, I'm thinking the $13 was well worth the price.  I may be singing a different tune when I'm soaking my hands in pure acetone to get it off though:) I'll let you know!



Photobucket

6 comments:

Jennifer January 25, 2011 at 12:48 PM  

Isn't it amazing!! I blogged about it a few weeks ago...where were you?? LOL! I have been doing it for 2 months now. I am realizing though that there are different brands (i.e - OPI, Axxium, etc.) and some stay on better than others. I did pretty well with it these last few months. I have to say, sitting there for 20 minutes to soak it off is the part that stinks :) I caved in and went over the weekend to get fake nails put on...I needed a change :) Let me know how you do with it. Hope all else is well with you :)

KJJ Houston January 25, 2011 at 1:56 PM  

I just tried it too!! I love it!!

Amber January 25, 2011 at 2:49 PM  

I've heard of this but haven't tried it yet. You just convinced me! :)

the glover gang January 25, 2011 at 4:02 PM  

oh my goodness! my mom has been ranting and raving about this for the past couple months now... she is obsessed and keeps telling me to get them too, but i thought for sure they woould get messed up with all the mommmy's duties and crafts, but i guess not! ill have to try them too!

Meant to be a mom January 25, 2011 at 4:24 PM  

I am more behind that you are apparently. I have no idea what this polish is but I want to try it now! I always get a french manicure and it chips the next day. It just pisses me off so bad. I will have to ask around and see who can do this in my area. It sounds awesome!

Francis January 27, 2011 at 8:42 AM  

Hi, Im a new follower, and Im pretty glad I found you through another blogger, bcause this post is prefect! I dont think I've ever heard of this polish but will have to try it ASAP because my nails are constantly getting ruined by my daily duties

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails