Search This Blog

Our Five Christmases...

>> Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello fabulous bloggers, oh how I've missed you so! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Somehow the last two weeks have completely flown by and I'm in disbelief that it's 2011.

As always, I have lots to blog about, so I'm just going to jump right back in where I last left off.

The Sunday before Christmas we celebrated our first of five Christmases with my Mom, Loli & Pop. It was a really nice day, and my Mom cooked a fabulous beef tenderloin. It was amazing, but not nearly as amazing as our present this year...we were each handed an envelop with our travel itinerary and jeep rental for our week long vacation in St. John. The whole crew of us will be staying here and I cannot wait! My parents always take us on a summer family vacation, but this time they've outdone themselves:) On top of the travel plans, Jackson had lots of packages to open.  He's one lucky lil man:)

A puppy mat for naps in the beach house!
The week leading up to Christmas I spent a home with Jackson after his surgery.  We didn't get too much done beside snuggling and watching lots of his shows.  He definitely needed a little extra TLC and Motrin every 4 hours that week.  Jackson slept great that week, but was pretty cranky during the day.  I was glad to be able to stay home with him, and nurse him back to health! It was hard to get into the Christmas spirit, the holiday came so quick and I just couldn't get my act together!


On Christmas Eve we went to church with Loli & Pop and then headed over to Mr.'s mom's house for our second Christmas.  We spend every Christmas Eve at her house, which works well for us.  She puts on a big spread and we normally stay too late eating and drinking too much! Jackson had loads of fun playing with Nana & Papaw and his cousin too.  Nana had too many packages to keep track of and spoiled us all way too much! We're so enjoying our new coffee pot and I can't wait to have a new house to fill with lots of things from Pottery Barn:)

Christmas morning Jackson woke up and was ready to play with all his new toys! Loli, Pop, Uncle Cameron, and Uncle Griffen all came over to watch Jackson unwrap his presents from Santa.  Let's just say Momma did most of the unwrapping and has sent Santa a memo that Jackson would prefer to have the toys set out on Christmas morning as opposed to beautifully wrapped under the tree;)




Speaking of the packages under the tree, Mr. totally spoiled his bride again this year.  Remember this wishlist?!? Well let's just say that my wrist looks very nice with this, that complements this bag on my shoulder with this and this in it! Mr. must have agreed with Santa on which list I was on this year:)

Are you still with me??? Only two Christmases left, I'm trying to keep this short!

After Jackson's long Christmas nap, we headed over to Mr.'s dad's house for our fourth Christmas.  Jackson had lots of cousins to play with over there and had so much fun.  He really loves being around people and gives out lots of sweet sugars.  It's a wonder that Jackson isn't sick as a dog with all the kisses he gave out!   Mimmy & Beh had a nice envelop for Momma and Mr. and some big boy stuff for Action Jackson.   Jackson is going to love coloring on his new table and chairs, instead of Momma's hardwood floors!

I'm getting bits and pieces together in preparation and inspiration for Jackson's big boy room.  I'm so anxious to put it all together, but I'll keep him in a crib for as long as possible.


We normally celebrate Christmas at my mom's with my sister on Christmas day, but she was too pregnant to travel this year.  So after we visited with the Wilson's, we came home to pack the car and head to St. Louis the next morning...

I know, I must be nuts, but it's just not the holidays without all of your family! We woke up on the 26th and drove 12 hours to have our fifth and final Christmas with my sister and my dad.  Loli & Pop were up their too, so my sister had a full house once again.  My dad was more than generous with an envelop for each of us, and Aumee (AUnt MEgan) and Uncle Chris got Jackson this precious big boy chair!

We were extra lucky to have a white Christmas in St. Louis and Jackson loved the snow this trip.  The week deserves a post of it's own, so please come back y'all:)

Happy New Year!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Lea Liz January 3, 2011 at 4:00 PM  

Oh wow, what an awesome trip and great Christmas present!!!!!

Sounds and looks like yall had a great Christmas!!

the glover gang January 3, 2011 at 4:45 PM  

i am positive jackson could not be any cuter if he tried! what a doll! we also had alot of Christmases... 6 to be exact!! haha! my little grayson got the same puppy mat and table and chairs for Christmas! gotta love pottery barn :) hope yall have a blessed 2011 filled with love and laughter!

Jamie January 3, 2011 at 4:52 PM  

love the picture of him in his rocking chair! you two totally scored this christmas!! so glad he is recovered from surgery and you guys got some good time together.

Jennifer January 4, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

Happy New Year bloggy buddy :) Looks like your Christmas as like ours....many rounds of presents...LOL! When you have that much family the kids make out like bandits! Looks like the Mr. was pretty good to you. I love that watch. I am sure Jackson will be occupied for some time with all of his new toys :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails