Search This Blog

First week back to work & the sitter's

>> Saturday, January 8, 2011

I don't know about the rest of you, but this past week was hard. After almost two straight weeks without bedtimes, alarm clocks, and 24/7 emails it was back to reality.  During my time off I did some "unplugging" and soaked up my time with my boys. I feel like Jackson has grown up so fast and I'm missing it. Every time I turn around he's changing!

Speaking of change, the new year meant back to work for Momma and new arrangements for Jackson. Amidst our crazy unsuccessful search for a new nanny our neighbor offered up her services to us. Like I've said before, she has three children of her own and has started watching a couple others as well. So, the situation was perfect! Jackson loves her and her kids, they are all sweet blond babies as well:) Anyway, I was really happy that Jackson would be able to interact with kids his own age. He is such a social little boy!

I packed a box full of food, toys, diapers and wipes to take with Jackson so that we wouldn't have to bring that sort of stuff everything.  Monday came early, and I was running around like a crazy woman.  Mr. ended up walking Jackson over to the sitters so that I wouldn't be too late for work.  He said that Jackson never looked back and was ready to play.  When I got home that evening, Jackson was so not ready to come home.  I know that he missed me, but it made my heart so happy to know that he was having fun!

Tuesday was a little crazy, which was all my fault.  Jackson had his follow-up appointment with his ENT and I totally forgot to set my alarm.  I woke up at 7:45, brushed my teeth, put on some sweats and we ran out the door.  Jackson's appointment was at 8:15! After his appointment we dropped him off and I ran through a quick shower before heading to work...I'm sure my co-workers appreciated that:)

Wednesday and Thursday went pretty well.  Jackson is cutting all four of his eye teeth which has given his little bottom the worst case of diaper rash I've ever seen.  He has also caught a little cold, so my poor boy was a mess by Friday.  I got him in to see his pediatrician Friday morning, oh how I thought these days were going to be in our past! He gave him some medicine for his butt, the diaper rash has turned into a yeast infection?!? He's also on medicine to dry up his nose and breathing treatments as needed...Jackson just can't catch a break.  I'm tried, really really tired.

Did I mention that I weaned Jackson down to just nursing before bed over the holidays?!? My sick boy just woke up from his nap...more on that later.  Happy Saturday loves:)



caycee January 8, 2011 at 3:10 PM  

Poor little man, he can't catch a break! So glad your neighbor is able to keep him, and he is having fun :) I know that makes you feel so much better leaving him!

Amy January 8, 2011 at 5:54 PM  

i was wondering how that little man was doing! Poor kiddo can't catch a break, i hope he's on the fast track to getting better! brady gets those yeasty diaper rashes all the time. they are not fun! We used Lotrimin

Jennifer January 10, 2011 at 12:48 PM  

I am so happy to hear thay Jackson did well at the new sitter. I am sure you are so relieved!! See, things happen for a reason and always fall into place. I am sorry that he is not feeling well. But I always tell you....think of me when you are up at I am too! Anthony is in the same place with his teeth :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails