Search This Blog

Three men & a toddler: Playing in the snow

>> Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Growing up in St. Louis meant that I had my fair share of waking up to a white Christmas and snow days. And I had more than my fair share during my college days in Des Moines, Iowa. My boys on the other hand, have not. So while I certainly don't miss the slush and mess of the snow, watching my boys enjoy it's beauty and fun just warms my heart.

When we were in St. Louis for Thanksgiving, the weather teased us with about 30 minutes of heavy flurries. Jackson was unsure of the cold, white, fluffy stuff falling from the sky and certainly did not like the cold.

But, this trip Momma came prepared with fleece lined coats, hats and mittens. I did learn however that just because you pack them doesn't mean that your Mr. can find them when the time comes:) St. Louis was covered with snow on Christmas, just in time for us to enjoy it this trip!

Mr. was so excited to go out and buy Jackson his first sled. Actually, it was Mr.'s first sled too! It's hard to believe that my husband had never experienced the thrill of scoping out the best hill, building the perfect ramp, and sledding the snow-day away. Luckily, my brother-in-law was able to change all that!

So, during the week we were in St. Louis Jackson spent many afternoons with "the guys" {Mr., my brother-in-law, my dad, and my step-dad} sledding and playing in the snow.  No matter how young or old - boys will be boys!

Pop & Daddy "making it snow"

Hey this is pretty cool stuff!

What's this?!?

Hey Daddy, my hands sure are cold?!?

Look, snow!


uh oh, I can't feel my fingers!!! Where are my mittens???

Not so sure about this...

Let's try some more...

Back out and ready for a sleigh ride!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jamie January 4, 2011 at 2:00 PM  

so sweet!! love snow pictures!
so glad your boys enjoyed a white christmas!

Jennifer January 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM  

OMG...how cute was that video!! Jackson was crying at first, then y Round 3 he was laughing and then final round...wipe-out! I love it. We actually had our first snow of the season last week and Anthony was so unsure of it. He wanted no part of the sled....Jackson did much better :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails