Search This Blog

She's Here!!!

>> Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Amelia Maechler Short was born last night via c-section at 5:16PM. Her time of birth also happens to be my sister's birth date. How cool is that?!?

Maechler was my Grandma's maiden name, so Megan only thought it was fitting to use it as Amelia's middle.

Birth stats - 5lbs. 14oz., 18.5" long, and has a head full of black hair.

She seems to favor her daddy's looks and has the same "crinkle" on her ears. The new parents are so in love with their daughter, as am I:) I cannot wait to get up to St. Louis next week to take care of them all at home!

Hearing Amelia's cry over the phone literally melted my heart. It was almost as special as hearing Jackson's first sweet cry. Who know that the birth of your sister's baby could be so emotional?!? I mean with a face as precious as this, how could it not be!

Newborn Amelia

Jackson checking out his new cousin for the first time!

Sweet kisses for Amelia

He already loves her too:)

All clean and snuggled up with her momma

Finally seeing my niece, and falling head over heels in love with her!

Amelia looking so much like her daddy this morning

Photobucket

7 comments:

Jamie January 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM  

congrats to your family!

MrsAstor January 19, 2011 at 1:39 PM  

Perfection! So happy for your family!

Amy January 19, 2011 at 2:49 PM  

So sweet! I love the pic of Jackson kissing the phone! Congrats to your family!

Karen At Home Blog January 19, 2011 at 8:15 PM  

She is precious Mama!!! I love Jackson being so sweet to her already!

Jennifer January 19, 2011 at 9:48 PM  

I am so happy for you and your family. I am sure your sister is over the moon. Love that Jackson is showing so much affection for his new cousin :)

Meet the Brummett's January 19, 2011 at 10:20 PM  

I Love her, I love you, I love your sister and I can not wait to see all of you again and give lots of sugars to that sweet little girl! In the mean time please reassure Jacksie that he will always hold a special place in my heart and his love has not been replaced! lol

Amy January 21, 2011 at 7:36 PM  

Aw, congrats, auntie! The kisses from her big cousin are SO cute!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails