Search This Blog

20 months old

>> Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My sweet Jackson Christopher, you are a 20-month-old toddler, which means you are getting closer and closer to being 2 whole years old! Where or where has the time gone? Sometimes I hold you so tight, close my eyes and just try to exhale. As much as I love to watch you grow, I want to hold you in my arms forever.

I pray to God and Grandma every day and night to watch over you and keep you safe from all things. You are such a busy, carefree, and brave boy. I can't imagine how we've gone this long without a broken bone or a trip to the ER.

You are so independent and needy all at the same time.  You have quite a unique way of communicating what you want.  I think we'd all get along much better if you'd use or word or two, instead of pointing, stomping and grunting.  But, you're a stubborn boy, stuck in your ways!

Just the other morning you were obsessing over a hat.  So for breakfast, you wore your hat with your pj's while you ate your first banana of the day.  You still love bananas and almost everything we feed you.  However, you're a little like your momma and are turned off by some textures of food, and milk.


Dinosaurs, balloons, balls, cars and trains are still your favorite toys.  That and music.  You love to shake your little butt and bounce to any beat.  Unfortunately, my lil white boy, you have no rhythm.  Momma is trying to work on that, as we dance in the family room most nights when I get home from work.

You love your bed and you bath.  Recently you have decided that only you, your crib sheet and your blanket are allowed in bed with you.  You even take the sound pack out of your sleep sheep and throw it across the room.  Like I said, your a boy stuck in your ways and there is little reasoning with you, so we go with it.

Since I stopped nursing you, we took the rocking chair out of your nursery - it's phase one of your big boy room.  You now have a table and chairs set up in the corner and you love it.  You sit and color take the lids on and off of the markers and "read" books.

Speaking of books, you finally enjoy being read to.  Your all time favorite book was a first birthday gift, from Aumee' and Uncle Chris.  We read Tyrannosaurus Reg no less than 5 times a night.  You patiently wait in anticipation for the ROAR at the very end of the book.  And every time you hear that ROAR you act as surprised as you were the very first time we heard it.

You are a total creature of habit, just like your Momma and Daddy.  We each have our things own issues that we are very ritualistic about.  Believe it or not, we all look forward to your breathing treatments now because of this.  It's our time to sit and snuggle while you watch Dino Dan.  It's the only time you actually sit still these days!

We're working with you on your words, but it's a daily struggle.  This week you've been replying Yes or Yes Ma'am when we ask if you want to watch Dino Dan, which means breathing treatment time.  You're also great at putting shapes and colors where they belong and helping pick up. 

You still love to give sugars or kisses, and I ask for at least a hundred a day:) You love when you make the mwah! sound and do it over and over again.  You also wave bye, blow kisses, high five, give knuckles, sweet eyes, and can point to all of your body parts.  You can even point to others now too.

You mimic everything we do, from brushing your teeth to wearing our shoes to blow drying your hair.  I know once you start talking, you'll be just like a little parrot, copying all that we do and say!

You're holding at 30lbs. and are 33" tall still this month.  You looked so much bigger when I got back from St. Louis.  I thought for sure we'd have to switch your car seat to forward facing this month, but we still have 5 more pounds to go.  Your bleach blond hair is starting to get darker.  It's still blond, but the whiteness is turning to golden.  I'm hoping the summer sun will bleach it out again!

Everyday I love you more and can't be more blessed to be your momma! I hate that your not my baby anymore, but I love the little man you are growing up to be. 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Kelly February 10, 2011 at 3:34 PM  

Happy 20 months Jackson!!! He is so handsome

Jennifer February 11, 2011 at 8:54 AM  

Happy 20 months to Jackson!! Isn't crazy that he is almost 2?? Anthony will be 2 at the end of March and I am still in disbelief..LOL! But I know we are there...terrible 2's have begun. Love that little table and chairs in Jackson's room. So cute. I have yet to give up my rocker, even though it really is time : ) And by the way, we are big Dino Dan fans here. Christopher dresses up like him everyday. And Jackson still faces backwards in the car seat?? Geez, NY law is you can turn them forward at 1 year and 22 pounds!!

Jenni February 11, 2011 at 4:13 PM  

Sure goes by quick! I feel the same way- and mine is 31 months old - I feel like time is just flying!
Happy 20 months and many more. almost time for those Wonderful errr I mean terrible twos =)

Ashley February 13, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

Precious boy. Time does fly. Sure wish we could relive it all again.

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails