Search This Blog

Tidbits of information

>> Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Here's some random bits of information for you on this lovely Tuesday:)

Our house has been on the market for a little over 4 months
We've had 14 house showings, but not one offer
I'm so over keeping everything "show ready"
Mr. and I are an amazing team and can go from a hot mess to said show ready in 30 minutes.
Why do I know this, oh because one Saturday morning we were woken up by a showing request!

I go back and forth between buying and building a new house a hundred times a day

Jackson will go to public elementary school, but I can't decide between the two I want him to go to.
One scores better, and the other is newer.
Ranks and scores should outweigh newness, right?!?

Jackson has turned into an amazing sleeper, hallelujah!!!
Now if he could give me some words, we'd be set...

I count to 3 at least a dozen times a night
Jackson responds well to it.  By 1- 2 - 2.5, he's listening:)
1-2-3 is much more effective at getting his attention then with a timeout or spanking

We've had a preview of the terrible two's, and well I'm terrified!

We're not friends if you hurt or upset the ones I love, just sayin'

Sure, Mr. is an attorney, but with that degree came a large amount of debt
We pay around $600 a month in student loans -
and will until Jackson goes to college -
how depressing is that?!?

I'm getting a baby hauler in 6 weeks,
just in time for gas prices to go back up.
Just my luck.

Jackson has his hearing test in two weeks.
From there, I'll decide on whether or not we'll do speech therapy

I'm checking out a preschool Thursday for Jackson to start once he's two.
2, how crazy is that.
My baby is going to be 2!

I hate when people assume they know the whole story about things

In a couple of weeks I will have eleven straight days of visitors!
11 days of entertaining 3 different members of my family
And they each overlap by a day
My dad will get to see my best friend and her girls
Then Stephanie will get to meet Amelia and see my sister
It's going to be amazing!

I wonder just how "show ready" the house will look after those 11 days, ha!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Jamie February 15, 2011 at 5:17 PM  

love this! i've been thinking about doing another "get to know me" as well.
hope your house sells soon!

the glover gang February 15, 2011 at 5:21 PM  

we've just hit the terrible two's here! AHHHH!!!! its frightening! hahah!! hope jackson's terrible two's are better than ours! so glad hes sleeping good! it can make a world of difference for baby and mommy :) and bless your heart for keeping a show ready house with a toddler! i cant even imagine!

Colleen February 15, 2011 at 5:50 PM  

I have a six year old Jackson, my husband is an attorney, we will pay 950 dollars a month in student loans until he is out of high school. I laughed out LOUD when I read that part! People are so crazy, and shouldn't assume when they just don't know. LOVE YOUR BLOG, LOVE YOU, thanks for keeping it real!

Olivia February 15, 2011 at 6:44 PM  

Totally hear you on the law school loan front -- we have two sets of loans in this family, and I always tell people they can have my salary, but they have to take the mortgage payment it comes with.

I love my baby hauler. So worth every penny!!!!!

Allie February 15, 2011 at 8:34 PM  

Holy Moly...we had our house on the market this past summer and fall and I KNOW YOUR PAIN!! I hated, hated, HATED IT! LOL I hope you guys sell fast! We are also entering the terrible twos...yippie...I love when my son throws himself on the floor kicking and screaming...super fun!! haha!! Good Luck with finding a preschool, I am sure you will find a perfect one...I am dreading sending our kids, makes me sad! :( Have a good week!!

KJJ Houston February 15, 2011 at 9:30 PM  

Yup we know the loans on the law school boat from Kev. fun Atleast he paid his way with poker for most of it, but we still have them.

Interested to hear how his tests go. Jack is talking more but still not as many words as I think he should be saying...

Hope your house sells soon, thats my fear! Keeping house show ready would be HARD!

Jennifer February 15, 2011 at 9:55 PM  

I love that you can go from 'hot mess' to 'show ready' in minutes!! Listen, my theory is this....if it is meant to be, it will be. I am so happy that Jackson is sleeping well, but hate that the terrible
2's have arrived! We are there too. Just and FYI..when Christopher was just shy of 2 I had him evaluated for speech because he wasn't saying much. He did not get services because his comprehension skills were well above average. That is a major part of the test at that age. But right after I had gotten him tested, the words started flowing. I wouldn't worry too much...it will happen :)

Meet the Brummett's February 15, 2011 at 10:50 PM  

Your passive aggressiveness is so funny, I love you! I absolutely CAN NOT wait to come and see you guys in a couple weeks. I was just thinking today that it has been almost a year since we've been there and that is just absurd! I mean, before this, we were coming every 2-3 mos.! I need to get back on track :)

Tim and Heather February 16, 2011 at 2:05 PM  

1. our house was on the market a VERY long time, and i know how frustrating it can get when you have lots of showings, no offers. :( I'm impressed by getting "show ready" in 30 minutes! You go, Momma!

2. yikes, don't get on your bad side. ;)

3. i'm glad you're getting Jackson's hearing tested but I stil wouldn't worry too much yet, you just got his ears fixed and he's been so sick. It'll come around

4. you have an adorable family, don't ever forget it.

5. you're going to have lots of fun for those crazy 11 days!!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails