Search This Blog

Momma fail moment

>> Thursday, February 24, 2011

I had a huge momma fail moment on Sunday, but I refused to let it ruin our wonderful weekend away! Okay, it wasn't that big of a fail that it could possibly ruin our weekend...but it sure as hell was an embarrassing one!

It's no secret that my kid has fat feet, no really, they are like bricks.  And finding shoes for these fat feet has been a topic on here a time a two.  Jackson's feet are so fat that I can't just go to a store and pick up a pair of shoes.  I've yet to find a local place that carries shoes in extra wide in his size.  I have to search, and hunt, and beg for shoes that are wide enough for said bricks feet.

So, on our way home from New Orleans we passed an outlet mall outside of Baton Rouge.  I remembered this mall having a Stride Rite, so I asked Mr. to stop so we could at least have them measure Jackson's shoe size.  I've been returning and exchanging shoes since Christmas trying to find the right size and width combination.

Let's just say that we walked into the store with size 6 extra wide shoes on foot, and left with size 8.5 extra wide on foot.  My poor boy had been wearing shoes not one, but TWO AND A HALF sizes too small! Needless to say, Jackson got a couple pairs of new shoes that day and the size 6's were packed away as soon as we got home.

I'd say that was a momma fail moment in my book...and it sure was to the saleslady helping us out!

At the rate Jackson's foot is growing, his footprint is going to be mistaken for Big Foot's soon:)

Photobucket

13 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life February 24, 2011 at 3:07 PM  

HOLY COW! size 8.5! WOWZA! haha. You will be constantly buying this boy shoes :)

We bought Emeline her first pair of stride rite shoes this past weekend and she just fits in their tiniest size for new walkers. lol. size 2.5, and they're big.

I loveeee stride rite. Just so expensive!

Colton's Mommy February 24, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

He certainly does have large flat feet. My son is 26 months old and he just moved into a size 7. His projected height is 6'0 tall. Did Jackson not complain when his shoes were on? He is a tough little guy!!

Anonymous,  February 24, 2011 at 3:45 PM  

it's so hard to know what size these little fellas wear! we're in a size 6 at the moment.

last summer i had a similar moment with shoe sizing. little guy was throwing fits any time we put him down. husband took off his shoe, and um, we could visibly see where they were cutting into him.

it was a duh moment for me because until then, i hadn't thought once about his feet growing. i mean, seriously, duh.

Amber February 24, 2011 at 5:49 PM  

Don't feel bad, I kept squeezing Jackson's little feet into a pair of super cute boots a few months ago and didn't understand why they didn't fit correctly, even though they were the right size. A week or so later I realized I had left the tissue stuffed in the toes of the boots. Whoopsie! Talk about a momma fail and a blonde moment wrapped into one :)!

Allie February 24, 2011 at 6:21 PM  

Haha my little man Vincent has the brick feet as well...he wears crocs lol only thing that fits! Even stride rite didn't work. I should try again but he loves his freaking crocs so much haha! Vincent is 22 mos and in size 8 too! Gotta love fat feet:)

Lea Liz February 24, 2011 at 7:10 PM  

Don't feel bad!! It's hard to know exactly what size they wear and their little feet grow so fast!!!!

Amy February 24, 2011 at 7:52 PM  

Momma of a fat footed kid here.

I know the feeling...i have many moments like this. At least he got some new ones, huh? lol. Brady's almost in a 7!

rodefamily February 24, 2011 at 8:25 PM  

Reading about all these boys with those brick-like feet has me concerned for my little girl. You should see the chunk on her feet. She can only wear lace shoes now because the strap-across ones wont stay closed because her feet are so chunky. It is most definitely not a lady-like quality.

KJJ Houston February 24, 2011 at 9:33 PM  

Wowzers I thought Jack was big at 7! Well thats ok - glad you found sweet boy some shoes!! :) I also think they make new balance in extra wide too!

Jennifer February 25, 2011 at 8:02 AM  

Listen, as you know, we all have Momma fail moments :) This one wasn't too bad if he wasn't complaining that his feet hurt. I tend to think Stride Ride always sends you home with shoes that are a too big. They say that they want the kids to 'grow in to them.' I have actually brought shoes back after I took them home because the sales girl talked me into getting a size that I knew was way too big..LOL.

Lyryn February 25, 2011 at 10:34 AM  

LOL, that was so funny! We all have mommy fails, this still doesn't seem as bad as my nail polish on eyes one though ;)

Thanks for the awesome laugh this morning. YOU ARE A GREAT MOMMY... stop being so hard on yourself. :)

LA @The Reel Family February 25, 2011 at 12:11 PM  

Lady you are one heck of momma. I did the same thing this fall. EJ was falling over more than normal and come to find out his poor foot was squished. My mom ordered me a foot measure thing like they have at Stride Rite. Highly recommend getting one its super helpful for hard to fit kids which I have one too.

Karen At Home Blog February 25, 2011 at 2:33 PM  

LOL! Don't beat yourself up Momma, your baby just has really big feet!!! Think of it as a lot of fun shoe shopping in his future:)

Have a great weekend, thank you for checking in with us yesterday, you are so sweet!

Karen

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails