Search This Blog

Fun family weekend

>> Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day loves! 

I am still nursing a hangover from too much mommy juice Saturday night not feeling so lovely today, but this 70 degree weather is making it me oh so happy. I am more than ready for spring to be here and am literally craving the outdoors!

With our busy agendas, Mr. and I decided to stay in for Valentine's Day.  We are literally out of town or having guests in from out of town every weekend through March.  Mr.'s 37th birthday is sneaking up on us quickly...so we may be busy into April too!

Friday night we grilled a tenderloin and vegetables and I made a nice salad.  We all ate dinner as a family and instead of following with our normal routine of bath and bed, Jackson had other plans.  I stored all of his phase 2 Christmas presents under his bed, and someone found them Friday night.  Jackson has a new hiding spot, and thought he hit the jackpot!

So Thomas the train set up shop in our family room Friday night.  Jackson loves to hide and play in things, so this was heaven.  I think he would have slept in the tent, if I would have let him.  Maybe one day:)

Saturday morning was the start to a beautiful day.  Mr. made his oh so delicious blueberry muffins, we went for a long walk, played with Jackson's truck and then he took a long afternoon nap.  Daddy was able to get a good bit of work done and I enjoyed a much needed mani/pedi! I participated in Meredith's Spring Polish Swap, so I had a lovely new red polish for my toes.

Later that evening we were invited over to a good friends house for a fish fry.  With Jackson's health we've been such homebodies, so it was good to get out...too good! Two mommas with Mr.'s keeping their glasses full while they played with the boys...all night.  Let's just say that this momma only made it from the bed to the couch yesterday.  Thankfully, Jackson was just as worn out and woke up at 10:30, and napped from 1-4. 

I had big plans of baking cute heart shaped sugar cookies with my boys, but instead I opted for the slice and bake.  Mom of the year right here!

Jackson will love them just the same:) And I'm sure the kids at sitter's will enjoy them too!

I'm going to try and redeem myself by making dinner tonight and bringing home the biggest heart shaped balloon I can find!

We have a weekend in New Orleans coming up, so Mr. and I are treating ourselves to a nice time while we are there...which is so much better than a Valentine:)

Loves!
Photobucket

3 comments:

KJJ Houston February 14, 2011 at 4:02 PM  

Trip coming up? Jealous! Sounds like fun!!

Jennifer February 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM  

Happy V-Day :) I am just thinking that I never emailed you back last week..LOL! Sorry..the brain fails me sometimes. Anywho, we have the same Thomas tent, and just so you know, I was in there last night!! My boys love it. Glad you are getting out and enjoying the awesome weather. I think we all ready for Spring.

Lyryn February 15, 2011 at 9:48 AM  

that tent is awesome!!!! Love it!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails