Search This Blog

Some time away

>> Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Me and my boys spent some time away from home over the weekend and it was heavenly! Sometimes you just need to get away to recharge and reconnect. No phones, no computers, no plans, no laundry, no worries!

The timing worked out so perfectly, it was like God knew that we needed this weekend. Work has been crazy busy for both Mr. and myself. When the pressure is on, it's hard to not turn your spouse into your punching bag!

So when a work meeting in New Orleans came up for me and an event at the Fairground for Mr., we knew it was meant to be! Friday morning we loaded the car and heading East.  We got into the city just in time for Mr. to drop me off to my meeting and find a place for he and Jackson to grab some lunch.  My meeting went well and I was able to walk over to Superior Grill to meet my boys for lunch.

The weather was absolutely amazing so we sat outside and just relaxed until it was time to check into our hotel.  When we checked in we got cleaned up and ready for a night at the racetracks.  Mr. and I aren't into gambling, but we're all about free food and drink:) It was especially nice since Jackson was with his uncle hanging out at the Tulane dorms {the joys of younger brothers, built in babysitters}. We schmoozed and boozed and Jackson ran around flirting with some college girls:) I think it was a win - win!


Saturday morning we woke up and took a stroll around the city and watched it come alive.  With venti coffees in hand and Jackson in his stroller, we walked and walked and walked.  We went through Jackson Square and looked at all of the art.  We watched the fog leave the city.  We listened to a few musicians.  Mr. got his all time favorite Verti Marte.  We watched all of the bars and restaurants clean the streets and prep for the day.  It was four hours of perfectness.



We all love to be outside and Jackson loves to be in his stroller.  At one point in the morning Mr. looked and me and said that he could literally watch me floating on cloud nine.  These little beauties may or may not have been part of that reason;)

With my new shoes in hand {it was way too hot to wear boots with my dress, so I just had to get 'em}, we all got cleaned up for the day and made our way over to Magazine St.   We spent a few more hours strolling around.  When we were hungry we stopped for a bite, and a drink.  No plans, no agenda, no where to be!


Later in the afternoon we went back by Tulane and picked up my brother and his roommate for dinner.  Jackson loves these boys to pieces.  After dinner we decided to take Cameron's roommate to see a parade.  He's from the east coast, so this will be his first Mardi Gras...and he's a little excited:)

I was happy that Jackson enjoyed the parade and the music.  Half of me was worried the floats and bead throwing would scare him.  Silly momma, he loved it! We stayed back from the crowd, but it was perfect.  There were a few girls at the parade that recognized Jackson from the dorms the night before...not even 2 and the girls are yelling down the street at my boy:)


Sunday morning we woke up and did the same as the day before.  Coffees, stroller, and my boys.  We walked for a few hours and grabbed breakfast at a cute little cafe.  I was so sad when it was time to go shower and check-out.  I had the most amazing weekend away with my boys, I didn't want it to end!


My heart is happy and I feel a little recharged and oh so blessed! Happy Wednesday loves:)
Photobucket

8 comments:

Jamie February 23, 2011 at 9:48 AM  

beautiful family, you look so pretty! CUTE shoes! love them! so glad you got to get away with your sweet family!

Amber February 23, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

Your weekend sounds perfectly wonderful! I absolutely love NOLA, can't wait to go back someday!

Jennifer February 23, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

I am so glad you got to spend some quality time with your boys :) Weekends like that that are last minute with no agenda are usually the best kind! Too funny that Jackson was winning over college girls already...I am sure the Mr. was proud. And good choice on the sandals :)

Lyryn February 23, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

What a perfectly awesome weekend! Looked like y'all had a blast!

Megan February 23, 2011 at 7:45 PM  

Sounds like a blast! Glad you all had a great time. You know I love reading your blog so I gave you a blog award. Just hop over to my blog for details. :)

KJJ Houston February 23, 2011 at 8:49 PM  

Yay for a wonderful weekend! I loveeeeeee that dress on you! Is it new? So pretty!

the glover gang February 23, 2011 at 11:20 PM  

so glad yall got to have a wonderful little weekend getaway! i LOVE new orleans! your little family is just precious! jackson is hands down one of the cutest little boys ever!!!! simply adorable!

Karen At Home Blog February 24, 2011 at 11:32 AM  

Your weekend sounded amazing and very well deserved!!!

Love the new sandals!!!

Karen

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails