Search This Blog

Tears over dried milk

>> Tuesday, February 8, 2011

You know the saying don't cry over spilled milk? Well I'm not crying over spilled milk, but dried-up milk instead! Seriously momma's, do not and I repeat NOT wean the week before your period is due.  I'm a hormonal basket case.  I'm not sure whether I want to look in the mirror and sob over what's left of my chest or just cut my boobs off completely because my nipples hurt just as bad as they did when I started nursing.

I'm.a.mess.

The actual weaning process was easy.  Jackson hasn't fussed or tried to nurse once since our last night.  Literally, I had no pain, no engorgement, no leaking - until a week later.  And a week to the day later, it hit me like a ton of bricks.  The emotions, the moodiness, the rock hard lumps, and the soreness.  For the first time ever, I stood in the shower while the built up milk sprayed all over the shower doors.  I know everyone says to bind with cabbage leaves, but the release of pressure was heavenly. 

I'm certainly not engorged anymore.  I'll be out buying new bras this weekend, that's for sure.  I'm still sore to the touch and Jackson can make my toes curl with pain if he rubs his head the wrong way  against my chest. I'd say something about the Mr., but I'm pretty sure he's in fear for his life if he gets too close.

I know this phase to shall pass, but can someone please pass the chocolate ice cream and Kleenex until then?!?

Vote for me! President of the IBT Committee:( 

Photobucket

11 comments:

Ashley February 8, 2011 at 4:04 PM  

Awwww babe, Im so sorry!

One of my girlfriends went through this when she stopped too, very bad pain, she literally wrapped herself in ace bandages :(

Call me if you want to chat!

rodefamily February 8, 2011 at 6:39 PM  

I feel your pain. The 72 hour mark has always been the goal for me. Everything after then is much better.

Speaking of the IBTC, my sister and some of her friends made IBTC t-shirts when they were in the sixth grade. It was pretty funny, so go and make yourself a t-shift and enjoy your ice cream!! :)

Meet the Brummett's February 8, 2011 at 7:16 PM  

Do you want kleenex to stuff your bra with or dry your tears? lol I love you and only a few more weeks until we can share a glass of wine! Hugs! xoxo

Tim and Heather February 8, 2011 at 7:24 PM  

:( I know it hurts, and I know it sucks to go through that so long after you weaned. Frozen bags of peas were my best friend for a while! Target sells these awesome heat/cool packs that you can freeze or microwave and they are round to fit on your boobies- in the pumping accessories section. I also wore sports bras for a few weeks to add more support and pressure. I only breastfed for 7 weeks though, so I bet it' even harder after so long!

KJJ Houston February 8, 2011 at 7:26 PM  

:( Sorry it hurts! but you went so long and thats worth it all!!!

Jennifer February 8, 2011 at 9:04 PM  

Geez...hopefully this won't last too long :( I am sure getting your period made it so much worse. But, all the pain was worth what you were able to give to Jackson and all of the memories you created. And by the way, I did not nurse and my boobs went from a D to B...kids...what we sacrifice for them..LOL!

Jamie February 8, 2011 at 11:13 PM  

you crack me up!! i can totally relate to the shower experience! i hope the pain goes away soon.

the glover gang February 9, 2011 at 12:02 AM  

oh how i dread weaning day! im so not looking forward to it! sorry youre in so much pain!

Shannon February 9, 2011 at 9:11 AM  

Haha! This post (or rather the last picture) made me laugh but also feel for ya...I remember those days. Hang in there!

Momma Wilson February 9, 2011 at 10:32 AM  

thanks sweet mommas! I am feeling much better and the pain is now just a tenderness. And Steph, I'll be storing the Kleenex in my bra...to catch my tears:) Loves!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails