Search This Blog

First Night Away

>> Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Monday night I headed to New Orleans in preparation for a client TV shoot with Hornet's basketball player, Chris Paul, Tuesday morning. This was the first night I have ever spent away from my little man (and Mr. since Jackson was born). Just like going back to work after maternity leave, walking out the door was the hardest part. I knew Jackson was in great hands with Mr., but I was worried that he wouldn't sleep well without nursing and how I would be without him for a night. Well it took a while for Jackson to fall asleep, but he did and Mr. didn't have any problems. And I got to stop in Baton Rouge and do some shopping so by the time I got to New Orleans (its 2 hours away) I was completely exhausted and I slept pretty good.

Yesterday was very hectic and stressful making sure the shoot went on without any problems. By the end of the day I was in extreme pain and had to sit on the cold, nasty bathroom floor in the Arena to pump. I rent an electric breast pump from the hospital, so I was limited to finding a place to pump with an outlet near by. I must have had a blocked milk duct or something, but pumping didn't fix it. Luckily nursing Jackson when I got home and a hot Epsom salt bath seem to have been the trick.

As soon as I walked in the door Jackson was squealing with excitement to see his momma. He of course made my heart melt and I couldn't get enough cuddles from him and Mr... Sometimes its nice to be missed:)

3 comments:

Meant to be a mom January 13, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

Oh wow, I bet that was definitely difficult for you. I'm glad your trip went well and things turned out ok with your pumping. I sure that was hard to do on the road.
Welcome home.

Amber January 15, 2010 at 5:19 PM  

I know what you mean about leaving your little guy. Our Jax is already a week old and today my husband dropped me off at Target so I could pick up diapers and wipes while he and the baby waited for me in the car. It felt so weird to walk around without my baby, almost like something was missing. I am going to be a mess when I have to leave him for the first time, haha.

Tim and Heather January 19, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

Kristen, I bet that was really hard for you, but you did great, and look how good it was to come home to your best boys! I love watching Jackson become a sweet little man on your blog. :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails