Search This Blog

The Schedule

>> Thursday, March 8, 2012

I had my lovely date with the dildo cam this morning, and I'm happy to report that I passed to proceed with our medicated cycle as planned.  For those of you that have never had a date like this before, well you're totally missing out.  I kid. I kid.  It's a vaginal ultrasound that can only be best described as said dildo cam:)

In order to do a medicated cycle the vaginal ultrasound is done to ensure your ovaries don't have any cysts and your uterine lining is nice and thin from starting your period.  And yes, this is done while you're on your period.  Tampon comes out, cam goes in.  See, I told you that you were missing out if you've never been oh so lucky to have this done!

Once I passed this test, I met with the scheduling nurse to review my cycle calendar and go over the injection instructions.  The last test I had to pass was to correctly load the Follistim pen.  Who knew there would be so many tests this morning?!? I was a little rusty, and forgot how hard to you have to push down on the pen, but I got it.

My schedule is as follows:
Cycle Day 3: Femara-Letrozole 25mg
Take all 10 pills at bedtime

Cycle Day 5 - 9: Folllistim injections 75u
Begin injections and give at the same time each night.
Injections rotated nightly between the right and left of belly button or just under.
Noting last time for intercourse is cycle day 8 until date night

Cycle Day 10: Next ultrasound to check my follicles
I need to have one or two follicles measuring 18mm before we can trigger ovulation

With Jackson I needed an extra shot of Follistim, so we'll see how this cycle plays out.  Once I get the okay, I will administer my HCG shot that triggers the ovaries to release the mature follicles/eggs.  And, well then its time for scheduled date nights;)

So there it is. My meds are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow morning.  I'm super excited, scared, and nervous.  But, more than anything - I'm ready!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown March 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM  

Aww, good luck! Saying prayers for good news very soon! :)

Jamie March 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM  

GOOD LUCK!! Prayers for you and your family!! I'm a new follower:-)

Karen At Home Blog March 9, 2012 at 6:48 PM  

The best of luck to you!!!! Prayers that this cycle works out for you and no more dildo cams!!!! I have been there, not fun!! :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails