Search This Blog

The deed is done...

>> Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mr. and I headed to New Orleans Friday night for a firm function and had a really nice evening away in the city.  Jackson stayed at Lolipop's and had a large time, of course, so we tried to have a large time ourselves;) The hotel must have known that we needed a good night away in preparation for makin' baby Wilson 2.0 as they upgraded us to a sweet presidential suite!



Mr. on Saturday morning before we checked out
And in true baby Wilson makin' fashion, I had to set up my trigger shot medication in a random bathroom and frantically try to remember what to do. Yes, one would think I would have learned my lesson after the last time, but I did not!

I was so concerned about forgetting the package of medication, needles, alcohol wipes and my sharps bin that I forgot the most important thing - the instructions! You would think that they would be included in the pretty little package, instead they were at home, in my closet...

I'm pretty sure that I ended up doing everything correctly, and I won't let myself think otherwise! Thank goodness Mr. was in the bathroom with me, or I may have injected myself full of air bubbles.  He kindly stood by my side and told me all of this was so worth it in the end...I needed the reassurance when I could not get the damn needle to go into my stomach! Why they make this shot so hard to administer in comparison to the Follistim pen in beyond me.
The aftermath of the trigger shot
Anyhoo, we were only a couple hours late to the function - traffic also played a part in this, not just my inability to remember instructions and inject myself with yet another hormone.  Not to mention having to time the shot accordingly so that we'd be able to "do the deed" 24 and 48 hours later.  It takes some critical planning I tell you!

So, what's done is done and now we wait.

The first part of the cycle always seem to pass much faster than this long two week wait to, God willing, see those precious two pink lines.

I'm still feeling well, but am starting to have times of bloating, cramping, twinges and discomfort.  Besides being extremely tired, I can't really say that I feel pregnant just yet.  I wish I had that strong gut feeling that it worked, like I did with Jackson.  Maybe it's because this time I know just how much is on the line...
Photobucket

7 comments:

Allie March 20, 2012 at 1:26 PM  

Lots of prayers mama!! xoxo

Anonymous,  March 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM  

woot!woot! come on baby #2!! :) sending prayers positve thoughts and nothing but love your way! Blessings!

Anonymous,  March 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM  

woot!woot! come on baby #2!! :) sending prayers positve thoughts and nothing but love your way! Blessings!

Lea Liz March 20, 2012 at 10:01 PM  

That bed looks super cozy, they maybe knew exactly what you needed :)

Fingers crossed for you Mama!!!!!!

Jennifer March 21, 2012 at 8:05 AM  

I love it. I love how you talk about the whole experience!! I will be keeping my fingers crossed and waiting anxiously. Keep calm and let nature take its course!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails