Search This Blog

Eight Months & Boogers

>> Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My sweet boy is 8 months old and weighs 22 lbs.!

We've been on a saline spray, booger sucking, teething tab, rinse and repeat cycle for weeks now. Jackson has had a cold on top of teething, which is just not fun. This morning Jackson literally woke up with a crustified green booger mustache. Adorable, right?!? It was pitiful disgusting! So, back to the doctor we went. Jackson's cold has now turned into a sinus infection - big surprise with the green boogers. Hopefully, his antibiotic prescription will kick this thing and get my baby well!

Aside from the infection and teething, Jackson is still such a happy baby. It seems like he has grown from a baby to a little boy over the past month. He sits, rolls, army crawls, babbles, eats, laughs, plays Peek-A-Boo, has two teeth and is starting to pull himself up! It's time to pack away the infant carrier and install his big boy car seat. Even though the carrier is almost too heavy for me to carry, I still have mixed emotions about this. It really means my baby is a little boy now!

I'm still nursing Jackson and pumping twice a day at work. I am thankful for everyday my body has allowed me to do this. I never imagined that I would be able to provide for Jackson without ever supplementing with formula. You would think it would take a small village to produce enough milk to fill his belly! And can you believe that a 4oz. bottle is all he'll take with his sitter?!?

We've added a fruit with Jackson's oatmeal/cereal in the morning. And for dinner he will eat a meat/veggie jar with another fruit/veggie. He also loves the baby snack puffs. Now that his two bottom teeth are completely out he does well with harder snacks, like Cheerios. Jackson will eat almost anything we feed him, except bananas. The smell is enough to make him gag (he gets that from his momma). I still use my Beaba Baby Cook and love it. However, the thought of pureeing meat grosses me out. So, we buy jars of meat/veggies for his dinner.

I can't imagine what the next month will bring. My heart is so full:)
Eight Months

These monthly pictures are proving to be harder to get each month!

Jackson playing Peek-A-Boo


11 comments:

Meant to be a mom February 10, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

He is just so cute, I hope he gets to feeling better. Happy 8 months sweet boy!

Oh and I just had to say, that Cooper is only 5 months next week and I can hardly carry him in his carrier. He's not even a big boy. That shows how week I am huh?? :)

Ange February 10, 2010 at 4:50 PM  

He's such a little chubs!! Happy 8 months buddy!

BOWquet February 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

It does get harder to get them to sit still. My daughter is 15 months and it's impossible to get her to sit still. lol
Your baby is gorgeous! :)

Kayla February 10, 2010 at 6:03 PM  

Aww this is the first time I see him in the big boy tub! He looks more and more like you everyday.

Amy February 10, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

omg! what a cutie!! love the rolls!

brady is a chunk and i doubt we'll make it to 8th month in his car seat :(

Amber February 10, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

Oh my gosh, what a little cutie! 8 months already?! Wow, he looks like he is so much fun! Happy 8 month Birthday little Jackson :)

Amber February 10, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

P.S. Where do you get his adorable Birthday shirts? Are they iron ons?

Ashley February 11, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

So cute, and I love the monthy shirts for his photo shoots!

Hope those antibiotics kick into gear for ya!

Meant to be a mom February 11, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

I just wanted to tell you that I'm glad you will visit my friends blog. She really needs to see that she can have a positive outcome.

Megan February 11, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

He is too cute! My Ramsey hates having her nose sucked out so I feel for you!

I feel exactly the same about nursing. My goal was 3 months and we're at 4 1/2 months and still going strong! It's a wonderful thing!

L February 13, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

Aww I hope your little man is feelin better! If you didnt know, I think your blog is great and I left you a little something over at mine! Have an awesome weekend and valentines!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails