Search This Blog

Avery Island

>> Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sunday morning we decided to throw the jogging stroller in the car and head down the road to Avery Island.

I used to go on bikes rides around the gardens with my parents, but Mr. had never been before. I guess he always thought it was a little touristy for a local?!? With as much Tabasco as he consumes, I can't believe he never wanted to see where it came from (he's kind of into things like that). Anyway, the weather was perfect and the scenery was breathtaking. It was worth every penny of the $8 admission.

The nice ladies at the welcome gate said that it was a little far to walk through, but we did anyway. The trail was only 4 miles, and super easy to walk and push the stroller. However, I am glad we decided to walk and not pull Jackson on bikes. Jackson was delightful, he babbled and blew raspberries the whole time. The only thing that made me nervous was walking past the alligator filled lagoon!











6 comments:

Meant to be a mom March 9, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

Oh wow, there really are alligators.
That looks like such a beautiful park to walk around in. What a peaceful place to go visit with the baby and just enjoy family time. =)

Jennifer March 9, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

Absolutely beautiful!! I'm glad you all had such a lovely day :)

nikinikinine March 9, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

thanks for stopping by and commenting. It's always interesting to hear what makes others tick.

p.s. I love your banner photo. Simply gorgeous :)

Megan March 9, 2010 at 6:48 PM  

Ah! I just love outdoor activities! I'm so glad the weather is finally warming up. I have big plans for this family of 3and now I'm even more excited to get out and about! It's the best!

Amber March 9, 2010 at 7:36 PM  

What great pictures and what a beautiful place! I love the picture of you and Jackson :) I'm from South FL so alligators are a regular occurrence down here, haha!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails