Search This Blog

Case of Mommy Brain

>> Thursday, March 25, 2010


My brain is full of lists, I never stop. I think I make them in my sleep.

Client estimates needed, upcoming deadline, grocery list, lunch errand list, Mr.'s birthday list, what is the Easter bunny going to bring list... you get my point.

Last night Mr. was invited to the LSU baseball game. This meant that I had a night with just the baby. And, I was going to get a few things crossed off a list or two!

I got home from work, nursed Jackson and started mapping out my night. My mom called and invited me over for Chicl-fil-A salads. Perfect! We went and ate and I left Jackson with Loli & Pop while I ran to Target. Grocery list and Easter list both in hand. I was all by myself and could totally focus, right?

Wrong. Focus and mommy brain just don't go well together. I must have gone back and forth between the baby section and the baby isle ten times. They are very strategically placed across the store from each other.

An hour later I checked out and loaded my groceries in the car. I ran by my parents to picked up my nice and clean baby boy and went home. I put the milk in the fridge and nursed Jackson to sleep.

I'm not going to lie, at this point, I got a little manic. I had about ten different things going on. I needed to get my house organized for my mother-in-law to come by today (why do we stress about mother-in-laws so much?!?) and my dad to come down for the weekend.

There were groceries to put away, a guest bedroom to clean, laundry to be done and a house to get in order!

Then it hit me. Where the hell were the diapers and the blue ball I got at Target??? I know I put the diapers on the bottom of the cart. Did I shoplift them and then leave them in the parking lot?

And the ball. I had to jump a few time to get the perfect blue ball out of the crate. I know it didn't bounce out of my cart. Where could it be? I don't remember putting it back in my cart after check out.

I frantically pulled the receipt out of the trash. Blue ball, yep I paid for it and left it at Target. However, the diapers were not on the receipt. A $2 ball is no big deal, but $20 worth of diaper would have been! Did they fall off my cart somewhere between isles???

Needless to say, going back to Target for my ball and diapers is on today's list! Some days I do wonder how I manage to get everything done with my mommy brain - which is much worse than my pregnancy brain!

4 comments:

Ashley March 25, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

Mommy brain is worse than pregnancy brain... uth ohh!

Lisa March 25, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

I totally have days like this! I went to the store to buy diapers the other, only I ended up buying the wrong size!

Kimberly March 25, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

Mommy brain I don't think ever goes away! I still sometimes go to the store and always leave the list at home. Mom's are ALWAYS thinking of "what's next" - well, I know this Mom is. Have a great day. Your son is adorable! Cute blog.

Amber March 25, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

hahaha! I only laugh because my own pregnancy brain followed me into motherhood. To-do lists are my best friend and I check my day planner about 3 times a day! Hope it gets better :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails