Search This Blog

.

>> Thursday, March 25, 2010

(a continuation from my previous mommy brain post)

As my morning continued I was a busy little bee. Working ever so diligently to cross things off my list. When all of a sudden, it me like a ton of bricks. This not so familiar, yet unmistakable feeling. My back cramped. My heart raced. I ran to the bathroom and wiped. There was blood.

I started my period. My first postpartum period. My first period without medical intervention since going off the pill in 2007. My first PMS in 18 months.

Needless to say, I added tampons to "the list". I got to Target and went straight to the customer service counter. I explained to the lady that I must have left a bag of my purchases with the cashier last night. She told me to go and get the items again and bring them back to her with my original receipt.

I went through Target again, collecting diapers, a blue ball and now tampons. I returned to the customer service counter to pay my balance and proceeded to leave. As I approached my car, I popped the truck. And, in plain sight were my "missing" purchases. The blue ball bounced its way right into my trunk. How could I have forgotten this?!?

I was horrified. Out of pure humiliation, I decided that today was BOGO.

Thank you mommy brain and now PMS. Thank you.

2 comments:

Kayla March 25, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

I think I would have locked myself in the bathroom for a little while to collect myself lol

Tim and Heather March 28, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

sweet Kristen, it happens to the best of us, and I can barely claim mommy brain yet!! LOL! I'm sure they won't miss their diapers and blue ball...

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails