Search This Blog

Show Us Your Life: A day in the life of me!

>> Friday, March 5, 2010


I haven't participated in Kelly's Korner, Show Us Your Life lately, but I thought today's topic would be fun. After typing all of this, I realized that a large portion of my day is spent milking... no wonder Jackson is such a fat jolly baby!

Here's a day in the life of me, as a working momma.

6:45 - 7:00 Mr. wakes Jackson up and changes his diaper. He brings him to me in bed, and I nurse him. Jackson goes back down and I hop in the shower. (He usually goes back to sleep until 9-9:30)
8:00 Nanny arrives
8:15 I'm out the door for work
8:30 Start my day by checking emails, blog, FB and drink my coffee
11:00 I shut my office door and take 20-minutes to pump
3:00 I shut my office door and take 20-minutes to pump, again
5:30 Lights out, head home to my boys!
5:45 Home sweet home. Nurse Jackson, play, pick-up, wash pump parts and bottles, eat dinner, chat with Mr.
7:00 Feed Jackson a veggie and/or protein
7:30 Bath for Jackson
8:00 Nurse Jackson
8:30 Bedtime for Jackson
Then Mr. and I turn into couch potatoes, catch up on shows, change out the laundry, clean up from dinner. Mr. is usually snoring by 9:30, and I get us to bed between 10-11. Keep my fingers crossed that Jackson will sleep through the night. If not, we're up again around 1:00 - 2:00. Mr. changes his diaper and brings him to me to nurse. I try not to pass out and take him back to his crib.
Rinse and Repeat. Count down the days until the weekend!

1 comments:

Meant to be a mom March 7, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

Oh the day in the life of a busy full time working mama. You do a good job. I understand how crazy it can get.

I just scrolled down and read the post I missed last week about the nanny shopping. Wow! The answers are hilarious and so SCARY! I can't believe they told you these things. I'm so sorry you have to find someone new. I know exactly what its like to need to figure child care out for your kids. I hate that I can't be home with him more.
Honestly I just wish my mom was here watching him for me. =) Now why can't that just happen?
Good luck looking around.

I left you an award on my blog.

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails