Search This Blog

7 month check-up

>> Friday, January 22, 2010

Tuesday morning I took Jackson for his 7 month check-up and vaccinations. As we were driving to the appointment I started to think about our first trip to the pediatrician. I vividly remember this day. I think it was our first day out of the house. Jackson was just days old and we needed to have his Bilirubin level checked.

My mom came to pick us up because Mr. was back at work and I wasn't supposed to drive. Of course I was running late, I am always late. I had the diaper bag packed, and I mean packed! You'd think we were leaving for a week. As we were walking out the door I noticed I had leaked all over my dress. I had to run back in my house and find something to wear, again. Did I mention that it was 100+ degrees out with 100% humidity? When we finally made it to the doctor's office we were at least 20 minutes late. Everyone was kind and didn't make an issue of our tardiness. That was when I knew I was going to like this practice.

Big shock I know, but we were late Tuesday as well. You would think that I would be better at this by now! I am truly spoiled by having a nanny in our home. Waking Jackson up in the morning and getting us both ready always takes longer than I anticipate.

Just as Jackson hardly whimpered during the agonizing blood pricks of the Bilirubin test at his first visit. He smiled at the nurse while she gave him his shots on Tuesday. Jackson makes shots so easy. It makes me wonder if I'm doomed for a toddler that has to be pinned down by five nurses to give an oral vaccine when he's older:)

7 month stats:
20lbs. 14oz.
28" length
17 1/4" head circumference
75% for all
Still no signs of teething!

Look how tiny he was for his first shots compared to his sweet little fat legs now!


3 comments:

Meant to be a mom January 22, 2010 at 2:00 PM  

That first picture is So dang adorable. They all are but something about babies sitting all hunched. So cute!
I'm glad his check up went well and he did good for his shots. Coop screamed so hard when he had his.. It was horrible.

Jennifer January 25, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Such a big boy! Adorable pictures :-)

prashant January 27, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

very cute glad you got some good grandpa bonding time in

Work from home India

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails