Search This Blog

Sick Baby and...teeth!

>> Saturday, January 30, 2010

We've all been fighting a terrible cold for over a week now. There is nothing worse than a sick baby with a cold. The snot nose is just pitiful and sleepless nights are exhausting. We tried a new prescription and it helped a little, but Jackson just was not getting better. Friday morning my sitter called to tell me that Jackson was not taking his bottle and was pulling on his ear. That's it! If Jackson won't eat, there's something wrong!

I immediately called the doctor and told them we needed to come in. My fat baby won't eat. When we got to the doctor they checked his weight - 21 lbs. 4oz. Jackson put on 1/2 pound in 10 days! Dr. N checked his ears, throat, and nose. He said that Jackson has a really bad cold and some fluid in his ears. The fluid wasn't bad enough for him to be on an antibiotic. Then Dr. N checked Jackson's gums, and it went something like this:

Dr. N: Let's see if he's teething.

Me: We were just here last week and you said he didn't have any signs of teething.

Dr. N: Ha! You see those two things right here? (Bottom middle gum)

Me: I sure do!

Dr. N.: Time to celebrate! Jackson has two teeth! I'm amazed how quickly this happened. And look here (top left gum) this tooth will probably cut through by the weekend!

Me: Well, I win mother of the year. My poor baby was teething and I didn't even know!


So this explains why the past week has been so rough. On top of a cold and ear infection, Jackson got his first two teeth with a third on the way! This weekend is going to be full of extra cuddles and orajel!

7 comments:

Amber January 30, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

It's amazing how fast they grow! I can't believe my little Jackson is almost a month old already! Hope you have a good weekend and hope little Jackson feels better, soon!

Mom Genes January 30, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

Thank you for your comment this morning. All of the perspective from blog friends has really had a positive effect on my perspective. You changed my day!

Kayla January 30, 2010 at 6:57 PM  

I told you that child wants some teeth to eat his steak and potato :-)!

Lisa January 30, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

WOW...teeth alreay! Hope you all get better soon!

Amy January 30, 2010 at 10:12 PM  

lol at the fat baby comment! Brady is 3 moths and 15 pounds, so he is following little jackson's footsteps :)

Hope he feels better! Brady is JUST NOW getting over his FIRST cold! It's sad to see them sick!

Meant to be a mom February 1, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

Wow, Poor little guy. I bet he's hurting, I wouldn't eat either. I'm glad it wasn't something bad though. Hopefully the teeth will break through quickly and he will get some relief.
I sure hope he feels better fast.

Can't wait to see pics of him with his cutie pie little teeth.

Karen At Home Blog February 1, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

I hope your little guy feels better soon! I just watched your No, No, No video, he is precious! That smile just melts your heart.

Karen

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails