Search This Blog

Baby Food Makin'

>> Friday, January 15, 2010

Thanks to Aunt Megan & Uncle Chris, Jackson is now enjoying some delicious, homemade baby food! Unfortunately for him and Mr., pureed baby food may be the only thing I can make well:)

When we got the Beaba Baby Cook, I wasn't sure if I'd ever use it and if it would really be worth the price. I have always had the attitude that time is money and you pay for convenience. To my surprise, the Beaba is so easy to use. I have mastered it and it is such a cost-saver. I'll always make Jackson's baby food! To put things in perspective, a jar of baby food can range $0.50-$1.00. A bag of frozen veggies is about $1.00. So for $1.00 and about 15 minutes I can make 7 servings of baby food.

One bag of food made all this!

Steam or Blend

Pour into containers and freeze

When we're on the go I put a frozen portion in a container and throw it in the diaper bag!

Who would have thought I'd be a workin, nursin', pumpin', baby food makin' momma!

3 comments:

Meet the Brummett's January 15, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

Wow that thing is really nifty! I sure wish I would've known about it when the girls were smaller, it would have been great!

Ange January 16, 2010 at 6:49 AM  

That's awesome...I'm so jealous!!
I love making the food too - so much cheaper and you know exactly what's going into it!

Lisa January 16, 2010 at 10:18 AM  

Thanks for sharing! I am going to get one of those for when Miss M starts eating solids!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails