Search This Blog

Back Home in St. Louis

>> Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Grandma is finally home at her final resting place in St. Louis. She passed away in Louisiana, so it took a little time to get her home. We had a memorial service for her here the day after she passed. But, her actual funeral service was this past Friday in St. Louis. Everything was so nice. There were many familiar faces, tears, stories and smiles shared in her memory. We all know that she is with my Grandpa, watching over all of us now.

After the funeral, we spent the holiday weekend doing some of Grandma's favorite things. St. Louis is where we were born and raised and call home. The last time we were all there together was Thanksgiving, which we couldn't be more thankful for. It was the first time my Grandma and I saw my sister's new home. It was also the first time she had been back to St. Louis since moving to Louisiana in 2004.

As always, our trip home was jam packed. Between Beauty & The Beast at The Muny, Fishbowls at Rigazzi's, Jamming in the Jungle at the Zoo, Toasted Ravioli at Charlie Gitto's, Cardinals game at the new Busch, and Fireworks under the Arch - I think we did about all we could in 5 days! The only thing I wish we could have squeezed in was some ice cream from Ted Drews. St. Louis is an awesome place to be a tourist!

I'm still catching up on sleep, laundry and your blogs. Be sure to check back this week for a post about flying with an infant/toddler, Jackson's first Popsicle, Pediped to the rescue, and another new trick. Until then, I'll leave you with these pictures from our trip.

I hope y'all had a nice 4th of July!


The Maechler Cousins


Our little family at Cardwell's in Clayton for Grandma's luncheon

Jackson and his buddy at the Zoo


Old friends and our boys, born two weeks apart.


Catching up with Mr. after the Cardinal's game at Charlie Gitto's Downtown


Happy 4th of July!


Completely amazed by the firework show under the Arch


Photobucket

2 comments:

Amber July 7, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

I love, love Jackson's 4th of July outfit! Where did you get it?

Lindsey B July 7, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

I'm glad y'all had a great time. And you look amazing in the pictures - super tiny!! I need your post baby back in shape secrets!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails