Search This Blog

13 months

>> Friday, July 9, 2010

My baby boy is 13 months old today. And it feels like he's going to be 13 years old before I know it! Speaking of years, I still refer to Jackson's age in months. It freaks me out to say he's a year. I know this is crazy, I'm just saying I can't bring myself to call him a one-year-old. I wish I could bottle up this time in my life up and save it forever.

Jackson is the sweetest, most loving and yet completely spoiled rotten kid ever. Well probably not ever, but close to it. I really need to get control of the situation. For example, last night I went to check on him one last time before I went to bed {an OCD tendency} and the door opening woke him up. He fussed and fussed. It was midnight and I was ready to get some sleep. So, I brought him to bed with us. We all sleep terribly when I do this, but I couldn't resist. Some nights I just crave those soft, sweet checks and his sweaty neck cuddled in my arm.

When he woke up, he patted my face with his chubby hands and said "hi-yah". I mean, what is better than waking up to this every now and then?!? 13 months ago, I couldn't have dreamed of my life getting to be this sweet. I melt. This is not going to be good when the "hi-yah's" turn into "NO's".

At 13 months Jackson is all over the place. He climbs and pulls and pushes and runs. If you let him, he'll even rearrange the furniture for you!

Jackson will eat just about anything you feed him. He loves yogurt, turkey, cheese, puffs, waffles, peaches, pears and carrots. This month we're transitioning to table food, which is harder than I thought. I don't cook, or keep much food in the house for that matter. Mr. and I try to eat our big meals for lunch and eat sandwiches for dinner. Having fresh fruits and veggies in the house to eat will be better for all of us.

I'm still pumping once a day at work {or nursing if I'm home} and nursing for all other feedings. I thought that I would stop at a year, but I reconsidered. I think we'll go for 18 months. Jackson nurses in the morning, takes a 4oz. sippy cup of milk at noon with our nanny {and I pump at work}, then he nurses when I get home from work and before bed.

We've found our sweet spot when it comes to sleeping. I hate putting him to bed so soon after we get home from work, but 7:30 is bed time. We start our bath, boob, bed routine at 7. I normally wake him to nurse around 6:45 and he'll go back to sleep until 8:30. Jackson naps after his noon feeding, and sleeps for a good 2-3 hours on a good day. He can be very unpredictable some days though. Yesterday he slept until 11:30, so he obviously didn't take a nap!

Jackson babbles all of the time, and says hi-yah, da-da, and an occasional truck and mom-ma. That last one is the sweetest sound of all:) His favorite toys aren't toys at all: my brush or a broom or bat. He absolutely loves music and is learning to shake it. Jackson hates order. Seriously, if we put together a puzzle or stack blocks. He has to come and destroy it. Mr. can keep him entertained for awhile doing this!

Official 13 months stats from his well baby check-up:
26 lbs.
30" tall
18.5" head circumference

Jackson wears a size 5 extra wide shoe, and a size 5 diaper.

It's amazing to look back and see how much he's grown!




having a melt down 'cause Momma told him no, no!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Gina July 9, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

Awwww, sweet pics! I still refer to my son's age in months too - 22 months. :-)

Kelly July 9, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

awwww happy 13 months little man

Jamie July 9, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

he is the cutest little thing ever!!! i'm with you on the snuggle time. Some nights when hubs is working at the hospital and im ready to go to sleep i'll pick him up out of his crib and bring him in bed with me. nothing sweeter then that little face to wake up to!

Jennifer July 12, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

So sweet. Time goes by so fast. It is fun to hear your experiences. I am going through it a second time now as Anthony is 15 mos. I will tell you that you surely do things different the second time around. I used to love when Christopher would sleep with us and cuddle. It took me 3 years to get him out of our bed! Now,I have not let Anthony sleep with us at all as I do not want to go through that again..LOL!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails