Search This Blog

Swim Lessons - Day 3

>> Monday, July 12, 2010

Jackson had his third swim lesson on Saturday. {We missed last week's class because we were in St. Louis.} I have to say that Jackson has no fear of the water. However, I'm not yet convinced that he's going to be the next Michael Phelps.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since we missed the first 4 weeks of the 12 week program. So maybe Jackson will catch up and prove me wrong after all. Or it's really true that little girls are much more coordinated than little boys.

There was only 4 babies in class on Saturday. Two boys, two girls. And the girls totally kicked the boys baby butt's! The girls can both kick their feet and do more of the swimming motions. Jackson babbles and flirts too much to worry about his technique.

Jackson did excel on his back float, which made me very proud. Back in my summer swim league days, I was pretty good at the backstroke! Coach Maggie commented that she hadn't seen a baby so relaxed in the water, or on his back before. Personally, I think that Jackson is a bit of a teacher's pet. When I tired to show Loli & Pop his floating skills this weekend, he wasn't having it. At least we have the pictures to prove that he can almost do it.

I can't wait to see what kind of a swimmer he'll be at the end of the lessons!







Photobucket

4 comments:

Meant to be a mom July 12, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

I absolutely love these swim lessons. I've known a few families close to mine that have lost children to drowning and swim lessons for infants is very important to me. If it can help a child to float or get to an edge until help can get to them its well worth any money.

Not that I would ever leave a child even slightly unattended but you get what I mean.

I'm so glad Jackson is doing well at his lessons :)

Lindsey B July 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

I'm so glad that his swim lessons are going so well!

Unknown July 12, 2010 at 5:09 PM  

He looks so cute. I am loving your mommy must haves right now while expecting. Thanks for sharing.

Karen At Home Blog July 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

Such precious pictures! I love your pictures of the popsicle below, those are priceless!
Summer has been flying by, I feel like it's been weeks since we chatted. I hope all is well with you and your sweet boy.

Karen

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails