Search This Blog

Totally Jaw-some

>> Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's no secret that Jackson has been having some rough nights. His dang molars and allergies have been to blame for too many sleepless nights lately. As much as I wish I could take away all of Jackson's pain, I know I cannot. However, I can try to make him feel better {isn't that what Mommas do?}.

In fear of drowning in a pot of coffee, I set out on a mission to find things to comfort him. I made a list of everything that makes me feel and sleep better when my insomnia gets the best of me. At the top of my list: clean sheets, fresh pajamas and a relaxing bath. So, I ran out on my lunch hour and bought Jackson some new PJ's. Not just any PJ's, but totally Jaw-some PJ's.

When Mr. came home to find Jackson in his Jaw-some new jams, he thought I was crazy. But, he went along with it...in desperation for a full night's sleep. I laid Jackson down for bed and gave him a little pep talk {with his Motrin and teething tabs}. I also proceeded to bride him with a new toy if he slept like a big boy.

Wouldn't you know folks, but my alarm clock was the only thing that woke us - this morning! Totally Jaw-some success, if you ask me:)

And of course, I stayed true to my word. We took Jackson to pick out a new toy as soon as we got home from work. We're pretty sure he loves his tool bench, and he better sleep all night again tonight:)

*Update: He slept all night again folks! Jackson may be getting new PJ's and toys every night from now on:)








Photobucket

5 comments:

Jennifer July 22, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

Glad you finally got a decent nights sleep! Whatever works is my theory. He may be getting a new pair of pj's every night now..LOL!

Ashley July 22, 2010 at 8:59 AM  

Your such a JaWsOmE Momma!

Tim and Heather July 22, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

how did he sleep last night? :)

Amber July 22, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

So glad you all got a great night's sleep! There's nothing like the alarm clock being the only thing to wake you up! Love the pajamas! :)

Unknown July 22, 2010 at 6:56 PM  

what a cutie pie! I love comfy pjs too!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails