Search This Blog

17 months!

>> Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My dear Jackson is 17 months old. I'm not sure how this is even possible being that he was just born months ago...I know, I know, time is just flying by. Soon I'll no longer be able to refer to my child's age in months. He's about to be a 1.5 year old, and then gasp, a 2 year old! At least we'll be sailing the seas in the Caribbean for his 2nd birthday, so I won't be as depressed:)

At 17 months Jackson is super smart and very stubborn, I think he must get that from his daddy. Jackson LOVES Elmo, and dinosaurs, and trucks. He loves to push things along, his cars, his train, his Momma, and my parent's dog Aubie.

Jackson's "tricks" include waving hello and good-bye. He blows kisses and loves to give knuckles. He signs for more and up. He loves to brush his hair and teeth. Jackson can also point to his nose, eyes, and belly button. When he's ready for his bath, he lets you know by going and standing at the tub until you start the water. Jackson may be a bad sleeper when he doesn't feel well, but the kid loves his bed and his blanket.

Jackson has also turning into a climber. He climbs the couch. The bar stools. The kitchen cabinets, seriously, I may have to remove the handles from my cabinets. He has NO fear.

Jackson goes to bed around 7 and sleeps until 7, nurses, and goes back to sleep until after 8. He still takes a good afternoon nap, and wakes up recharged and ready to go:)

I'm still nursing Jackson in the morning and before bed. He has had a few sips of cow's milk, but he wasn't a fan. I can't say that I blame him though. I haven't had a sip of milk since the first day of school in the 8th grade. {I got food poisoning from spoiled milk and I just can't make myself drink it. I have a hard enough time just buying it for the Mr.}

Jackson doesn't say too much, but I'm hoping to have some answers as to why soon. He talks much more for Fee, our nanny, then he will for me. Words that we can sometimes get him to say are: hot, tiger, roar, ball, thank you, hi, da-da, ma, nana, ruff, truck.

He's still wearing size 5 diapers and 18-24 month clothes. His extra wide size 6 shoes also still fit, but he'll probably be ready for a bigger size just in time for Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, I cannot wait to play Santa this year. Jackson was too young to know what was going on last year. So this year is going to be awesome!

Jackson - 17 months - 28lbs. - 32" tall -




Photobucket

3 comments:

KJJ Houston November 10, 2010 at 11:03 PM  

what are you doing to find out why he isnt talking? Seems normal to me? This sounds just about what Jack is doing ...

Jennifer November 11, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

Wow...Jackson is a pretty good sleeper! Neither one of my kids ever went to bed at 7pm...LOL! As far as the speaking, he is saying a few words so I wouldn't be too concerned. At this age they really don't expect too much. Oh, and good for you that you guys will be going away soon :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails