Search This Blog

Birthday Wishes

>> Sunday, May 16, 2010

Today, May 16th, is a very special day in my heart. Not only is this that I became a big sister, 25 years ago. It is also the day that my best friend delivered her beautiful twin girls two years ago and made me a Godmother.

I don't remember much about becoming a big sister, but there are stories of me trying to sell my baby sister and demanding she be sent back. If I only knew then what I know now, I would have raised my asking price. Just kidding! My sister and I have grown closer each and every year we grow older. I hate that we spent so many years fighting over clothes, instead of seeing the potential of doubling our wardrobe and sharing. Now that we are older and wiser, we appreciate each other for who we are. I have never been so proud of her as I am today. She is a spectacular wife, sister, daughter, friend, and teacher. And I just know that list will grow, and her birthday wish will come true soon:)

Two years ago on this day was when my best friend became a Mother and I will never forget that day. The Brummett Bunch was born and my friend's lifelong dream came true. We were sitting at dinner when my phone rang. The girls were finally here and I couldn't control the tears of joy I had. Since that day, Stephanie has shown me so much about life, patience, love, and being a wife and a mother. There isn't much that can bring this girl down, she is the true definition of Super Mom!

The twins are growing up to be such remarkable little princesses, just like their mommy! It's amazing what all can change in two short years and how much we can grow. Here's to another great year full of dreams coming true!
All my love girls!









7 comments:

Kelly May 16, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

What a sweet post!!!

Happy Birthday to your love ones

Meet the Brummett's May 16, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

Alright, I don't know if my comment will make sense as I am typing through tears! Thank you so much for loving the girls the way you do! They love you guys and I'm so thankful that they have you! Hugs and Kisses until we see you all next weekend!!!! xoxoxo

Kayla May 16, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

Beautiful princesses! and Sister!

Amy May 16, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

omg, that last pic is too much, so sweet!

Mama Hen May 17, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

What adorable pictures and what a special time! I just found your blog and became a new follower! Come visit me at Mama's Little Chick.

www.mamaslittlechick.com

Mama Hen

Christine May 18, 2010 at 7:34 PM  

That is so sweet that they all share the same birthday. :)

Love the pictures!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails