Search This Blog

House cleaning

>> Monday, May 17, 2010

A few months after I went back to work, I hit a breaking point. The point where I realized I needed help and couldn't do it all. There just aren't enough hours in the day to work, play with your baby, be a good wife and keep a clean house. Mr. and I looked at out budget and made some cuts so that we could have a house cleaner twice a month.

This in no way means that I don't have to clean my house anymore, but it helps. Gloria certainly doesn't clean scrub the floors and baseboards so you can eat off of them like I do, but having her allows me to spend more time playing with Jackson.

Now that Jackson is crawling, walking, and putting everything in his mouth, I'm totally OCD about sweeping the floors. It's a constant battle, and I seem to loose every week. But, being a mother has taught me to let go of some of my obsessive behaviors and enjoy life a little more.

Saturday morning was a perfect example of me letting go. Instead of cleaning, I laughed at my baby boy for at least 30 minutes. I got the broom out to sweep up the kitchen after we ate pancakes. Jackson got a hold of the broom and would not give it back. Seriously, he was having too much fun! So, like any good Momma would do - I grabbed the camera and let him bang around and clean the floors himself:)





5 comments:

Meant to be a mom May 17, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

I have been the same way with our floors. The tile and wood is great but it does show every little spec of anything that is on the floor. We clean our constantly. I think we have the same tile as you guys :)

I would rather the floor my son crawl all over stay clean. I get what you mean completely.

Amber May 17, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

I know what you mean about not being able to keep your house clean enough. My house can be spotless and I STILL feel like it's dirty sometimes!

Megan May 17, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

We sprung for a cleaning lady a few months ago, as well. It has been amazing! So much stress and frustration has been lifted. I think ALL working mommies deserve this. :)

Adriana May 17, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

when i was pregnant my mom came and cleaned the house for us a couple times a month and it was amazing. i soooo miss it.
im new to your blog..you have a beautiful family!

Ashley May 18, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

THis makes me so scared about what will happen, ohh no, I think you and I are the same when it comes to OCD and a clean house, utt ohhh!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails