Search This Blog

Happy 1st Birthday Jackson!

>> Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Today my son is one year old, and oh what a year it's been!

I sat and nursed Jackson before bed, which happened to be the same time I first nursed him when he was born. I couldn't keep the tears from running down my face. I never imagined this day to be so emotional for me. How is it that I never cried when I had him, when he's given shots, or when he took his first steps - but today, I'm a total wreck?!? I'm blaming it all on my period, that started this morning. Another shocker for the day.

When I had Jackson I thought that I was prepared for how he would change our lives. In reality, I didn't have a clue. The most frightening change for me is how fast life is speeding by. Between the adjustment to motherhood, exclusively breastfeeding and total sleep deprivation, I feel like the first six months of Jackson's life were a fog!

So, in an effort to take time out and soak life in, I took today off work. I wanted to have a special day with just Jackson. A special day that we will always have together. I made Jackson's favorite blueberry muffins for breakfast, you know the kind, just add water:) His future wife will thank me! After breakfast we put on our suits and went for a little swim. Jackson is getting so brave in the water! Today we splashed and floated together until it was nap time.

As soon as Jackson woke up from his nap, we got dressed and went by Mr.'s new office. He was able to sneak away for a few hours to spend some time with us too! We headed downtown and went to our Children's Museum. Jackson had a great time playing with all of the toys. He even dressed up as Uncle Sam and George Washington. The museum had an awesome bubble area, which I loved! We were even able to put Jackson in a bubble.

After the museum we walked across the street to one of my favorite restaurants for some sushi. As usual, it was delicious! Jackson tired some eggplant and loved the mashed potatoes. We joked about giving him sushi, but I'm sure he would have eaten it up!

Our nights aren't complete without a visit at Grandma's. I think that she was happy to wish Jackson a happy birthday. She continues to amaze all of us with her will to live.

We had a great day and I was soaking up every moment of it. My life has never felt so full. I thank God everyday for these blessings.

Happy Birthday, sweet baby boy!
















Photobucket

15 comments:

Kelly June 9, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

Happy Birthday Jackson
Hope you have a good one

Kayla June 9, 2010 at 10:52 PM  

This is really precious. I completely feel you about being a sobbing mess when baby turns one. I still cry when Potato gets shots though. Yikes.

Sounds like you had a beautiful day!

Unknown June 10, 2010 at 6:37 AM  

Aww, Happy 1st Birthday, Jackson! What a great mom - you definitely made his first birthday one to remember.:)

Karen At Home Blog June 10, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

Happy Birthday Jackson! He looks like such a happy little boy. What a sweetie.

Karen

Jennifer June 10, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

You are truly blessed. Jackson is a happy, healthy, beautiful boy! Like you said, you can never truly be prepared for how a child will change you...and your marriage. Time goes by in the blink of an eye. And it races by faster when you have another one!

Lindsey B June 10, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

Happy Birthday Jackson!!

I'm so glad you had such a special day!

Amber June 10, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

Love the pics! Woo Hoo! You're #11 on TMB :)

Gini June 10, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

So so so so cute! Happy Birthday Jackson!

Megan June 10, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

Happy Birthday Jackson!

I started planning my baby's birthday this week. It's sad how fast the first year flies!!! You nursed him his first year--what an accomplishment! I hope I can do the same. :)

The Mommyologist June 11, 2010 at 7:25 AM  

Aww! Happy Birthday to your little guy! It does go SO fast...and it just keeps going faster as they get older, so savor every second! My son is 4 and I still don't know where the time went!

Meant to be a mom June 11, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

Happy birthday to Jackson!!! Can you even believe it!

These pictures are adorable, My favorite is the one of him in his swimsuit. HAHA, So stinking adorable!

Tim and Heather June 11, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

I'm glad you got to spend such a special day with Jackson on his first birthday! I'm sure that was so special for you both. I agree with you though. As much as our babies were hoped and wished for, and as much as you think you're prepared... not so much. In a good way though! You guys have had an amazing year with Jackson. :D

Claire June 14, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

I was truly touched by this post because not only can I relate to it I'm going through it right now...I'm so happy we can share and exchange these stories with one another..somehow it helps me realize that under it all what we have is special and unique.

Julia Ladewski June 14, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

happy birthday little guy! i love first birthdays!!! thanks so much for joining my working mommy network!! will definitely be back!
Julia
www.workwifemomlife.com

Christine June 16, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

So sorry this is late, but HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY JACKSON!!!!

He is so beautiful! Glad you all had a wonderful and memorable day. :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails