Search This Blog

Swim Lessons

>> Tuesday, June 22, 2010

After weeks of debating whether or not to put Jackson in swim lessons, we decided to give it a try. We are always in the pool. So, it is very important to me that Jackson knows how to swim...or at least get himself to the side, if he were to fall in. I work with Jackson in the pool, but I'm not a professional. I don't know about y'all, but it's hard to teach an infant to hold their breath!

I did some research and found an 8 week class with an opening on Saturday mornings. So between Coach Maggie on Saturdays and Momma inbetween, we'll see how much progress we make this summer. If anything, at least we'll have some interaction with other kids. Since we have a nanny in our home, I think this will be good for us.

The swim class consists of 7 kids, all under the age of 2, and one parent per child. We got to the pool and I got us ready for the lesson. As I took my swim cover-up off, I could sense that something wasn't right. At first, I panicked that I forgot to put my suit on. Nope, no worries there. I had my swim suit on. Jackson was in a swim diaper and his suite as instructed. So, we were good to go, but I could figure out what everyone was staring at...

Mr. figured it out before I did. They were all staring at me. I apparently didn't get the appropriate swim attire for Mommas memo. I was in a two piece. Not a string bikini, but yes, my stomach was showing. {Thank goodness I never put my belly ring back in or I would have been kicked out of the class} gasp!

I've always worm a two-piece, even 9 months pregnant and 2 weeks postpartum. Not because I think my stomach looks so great, but because I don't care. Clearly, I was the only one with this attitude. I guess some of the other Mommas need a lesson or two in Mom Sexy. Don't get me wrong, I know that not everyone can sport a two-piece. But, just because we are Mommas doesn't mean that we can't!

Okay, getting off my soapbox, and back to Jackson's lesson.

We proceeded to get in the pool for our 30-minute lesson. Jackson kicked, we floated, he went under water, and attempted to blow bubbles. We sang songs and jumped off the side of the pool. Mr. watched his rebel wife in amusement and photographed our lesson.

After class Jackson took a three hour nap! I think he was just a little exhausted, but we had fun. We're looking forward to this Saturday, and yes, I'll be in my two piece:)

Down in the meadow in a little bitty pool
Swam three little fishies and a mama fishie too
"Swim" said the mama fishie, "Swim if you can"
And they swam and they swam all over the dam









Photobucket

12 comments:

Amber June 22, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

Great pics, you rock that two piece girl! :)

Jamie June 22, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

you look amazing! i agree at 26 im not ready for a one piece quite yet!

Your pictures always look so amazing! not sure if its your camera, your picture taking abilities or your editing but they are so real looking! Love them!

Lacy June 22, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

Keep rockin your two piece!! Glad y'all had fun at swim classes..

Ashley June 22, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

You are HOT! I love that you sported the bikini, and you BETTER keep doing it, we are young hot mommas!

Looks like Jackson had a great time!

The Mommyologist June 22, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

Sport that two piece with pride, girl!!! This is exactly what I'm talking about with the whole Mom Sexy thing. People assume that because you have a baby, you aren't entitled to wear a bikini anymore. And I just don't think that is the way things should be! We are strong, confident, sexy women and even though we have kids, we can still wear whatever makes us feel good!!!

Thanks so much for the mention...and keep workin' that Mom Sexy!!

Nikki June 22, 2010 at 1:18 PM  

You should feel proud and fabulous about yourself that you can wear a 2 piece!!
We got Mia into swim lessons this last spring and she loved it!! We are taking the summer off but starting her back up in the fall!

Colton's Mommy June 22, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

I would really like to get Colton in swim lessons, but we live in a very small town and they don't have them for kids his age. He LOVES the water and I think it would be easy to teach him. We haven't tried blowing bubbles yet. I think the other Mommies are just jealous. I would be in a two piece as well. I don't even own a one piece bathing suit right now!!

Anonymous,  June 22, 2010 at 3:21 PM  

All the moms at my neighborhood pool still sport the two piece! I'm sure they weren't trying to be rude!

Lisa June 22, 2010 at 3:33 PM  

Hell yeah on the two piece :)!! Rock it! I am starting little M in mommy and me swim lessons next month.

Sara McCarty June 22, 2010 at 4:49 PM  

Great pics! I just stumbled across your blog and love it! Can't wait to read more!

Jennifer June 22, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

You go Momma!! We are not dead, we are moms. All the power to you wearing the 2 piece. As far as Jackson, looks like he really enjoyed it. I am sure it will be a great experience for both of you.

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails