Search This Blog

A Short Anniversary!

>> Monday, June 28, 2010

Today is my little sister and her husband's two-year wedding anniversary! They may disagree, but these past two years have flown by in was seems like a blink of an eye. It amazes me to think back on this special day and how so much has changed.

Just two short years ago, Mr. and I were just that. Mr. & Mrs. longing to be more. During their wedding I was in the middle of charting and Clomid hell. The Brummett girls were a mere weeks old, making their first of many road trips. And my Grandma was kicking Ovarian Cancer's butt in a serious way. They were even able to let her off of chemo for a little while to thicken her hair for the wedding:) Grandma loved her hair, and her teeth!

I'm reflecting today and realizing just all that we have to be thankful for. We never imagined that we'd have almost two full years yet to spend with Grandma. Our God is so good.

I am a mother to an amazing little boy that I dreamed and prayed for. My Mr. has a job that he loves - for the first time in his professional career. We have our health, our home, and our far from perfect life.

My sister and her husband have their dream jobs. A beautiful home. An energetic and loving puppy. And a baby on the way.

I'll say it once more, God is good! Happy Anniversary to my Short's:)

Can you tell all of these pictures were before the Canon Rebel?!?









Photobucket

6 comments:

Kayla June 28, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

Wow so much has happened! Sweet post!

Lindsey B June 28, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

Your sister was a beautiful bride!

I'm so glad to hear your family is right where everyone wants to be - how peaceful that must feel!

Amber June 28, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

Don't you and the Mr. look spiffy! :) Isn't it great to look back sometimes?!

Jennifer June 28, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Our God is good..I thank him everyday for all we have :) You and your sister are both gorgeous...Happy Anniversary to her and her Mr.

Meet the Brummett's June 29, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

Thanks for the walk down memory lane...I'm pretty sure I was still in a new baby fog on this weekend! Love you!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails