Search This Blog

Frequent Flyers Come In!

>> Friday, June 18, 2010

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for my Grandma. This week has certainly been harder then I thought it would be. We had so much time to prepare ourselves for losing her, but it is still hard to believe she's gone. Our nightly routine is lonely without visiting with her. I know that Grandma is watching over us though.

Speaking of watching over us, I sure hope she's putting in a good word for our trip up to her funeral. Instead of driving 12-hours to St. Louis, my mom decided it would be better for us to fly. I think the thought of a 12-hour road trip with Jackson made her nervous. He's such a busy boy these days! So, we'll be taking our first flight with the little man soon and I need some advice!!! Frequent Flyer Mommies - what tips do you have for traveling with a 12-month old?

I don't have to transport too much, thanks to some awesome ladies back home. I'll borrow a car seat, pack'n'play, high chair and stroller up there. We have a 2 hour layover coming and going, should I gate check my umbrella stroller?

What about food, can you bring baby food jars on the plane? I'm still nursing, so I'm good with milk:) Can I bring medication - you know like a little Benadryl to help him sleep if he's screaming on the plane? I don't want to disturb the other passengers if Jackson isn't handling the flight well...'cause the only one that loves you no matter what is your Momma!

Photo taken by Marlene Touchet, Jackson was 3 weeks old
Photobucket

3 comments:

Kristy Sola June 18, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

Hey!!! SO sorry to hear about your Grandma, thats never easy : (

As far as flying. Best tips I have is that less is better. I always stress out when I have too much stuff. To small of a space to be searching. Id bring a few diapers, wipes, change of clothes, a couple lil snacks, one book and his favorite little toy. I used to bring 5 books, 3 toys, 10 diapers and it was just a waste of space. I believe you can bring baby food, and I'd give him the medicine like ten minutes before u get on the plane. (one less thing to worry about on the plane) Just make sure the medicine is in a lil bottle in a plastic baggy.

Other tip which Im sure youve heard is to nurse on take off and landing so his ears dont hurt.

any other things you might wanna know feel free to ask. Ive flown way too many times with my kids, I cant even count. Have a safe trip : )

Tim and Heather June 18, 2010 at 5:00 PM  

not that i've experienced traveling yet, but I have heard that letting them suck on something during altitude changes will help a lot! So momma's milk or pacies should be at the ready!

AND, I wanted to tell you that anything else you might need, just let me know. We have lots of baby stuff! :) I'm sure we could do without something for a few days.

Amy June 19, 2010 at 9:24 PM  

I don't have any help but just wanted to say good luck and welcome back to STL! :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails