Search This Blog

14 months

>> Monday, August 9, 2010

At 14 months Jackson seems to be more toddler than baby. There are days that this makes me sad, but I love watching him grow. I love watching him explore the world around him. I love that he's all boy. I love that he knows exactly what to do with a truck and how to beat everything with a hammer. I love his sweet little mouth and determined ways. I love how his smile can light up any room. I love that he is my son. I love that together, we have him.

Today, I was reminded just how short life can be. You never know what tomorrow may bring. Our nanny lost her father today and I can't keep my heart from aching for her family.

Instead of taking our monthly picture tonight, I held Jackson a little tighter. I inhaled his sweetest a little longer. And I thanked God for all that I have in my life.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Lant Family August 10, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

oh that is so sad about your nanny! Thanks for your comment on my blog, I added you to my reader :)

Lindsey B August 10, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

Your nanny's famiy will be in my prayers. I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose a parent.

Jennifer August 11, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

Sometimes it takes someone else's hurt for us to realize just how lucky we are. My prayers are with her and her family :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails