Search This Blog

Our night away

>> Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Believe or not, but Saturday night Mr. and I had our first night alone together since Jackson was born! I know, this isn't exactly a good thing. In my defense, I hate to pump anymore than I have to. And we work full-time, so any additional time I spend away from Jackson makes me feel guilty.

So to celebrate our anniversary we wanted to get away. Since the Ritz Carlton offers attorneys great rates through the Louisiana State Bar Association, we booked a night. Saturday afternoon we dropped Jackson off at Loli & Pop's and headed to NOLA. It was so nice to enjoy a night together to focus on us. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mommy. But, having a break from house chores and mommy duty for a night was a nice way to recharge my batteries!

On our way into town, Mr. and I stopped at our favorite place to have a drink. There is something about the Columns Hotel that I just love. I actually have a love affair for New Orleans period. Mr. took me to the Columns for the first time when we were just dating. It was one of the best nights I've ever had with him, which plays into why I love it so much:)


We had a couple of drinks to start the night {it was our night off after all} befor heading to the Ritz. The city was booming, which was evident by the black socks and orange flip flops. Sorry buddy, I had to take your picture!


When we checked into the hotel we were given a complimentary upgrade to the club level. Champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, after dinner drinks, and a candy bar - I was in heaven!




After indulging in some of the said above, we freshened up for dinner. We tried a new restaurant, Luke, and really enjoyed the experience. Our server was awesome and my bread pudding was delicious!






Like any parents {I hope} with the night off, we headed back to our hotel. A huge bubble bath and luxurious bed were calling our names. It had been almost 14 months since we got a totally uninterrupted night of sleep. However, my night wasn't so peaceful. It never fails, when I spend the night away from Jackson I end up with a clogged milk duct. My pump is just no hungry boy. Needless to say, I woke up and pumped a good 12oz...and had to pour it down the drain because I forgot my travel freezer bag.

Jackson had an awesome night with his Loli & Pop. I seriously don't think he even realized we were gone. Between his grandparents, two uncles and Aubie {our family dog} he was well entertained spoiled completely rotten. Loli even baked cookies. If you know my mom, you know this doesn't happen but once a decade!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Amber August 3, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

Looks like you guys had such a great night! I just LOVE NOLA! My hubby's never been so I can't wait to take him there.

Heather August 3, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

That sounds like so much fun esp. the candy bar :) We are thinking we are going to go to Honduras sometime in March/April after Ariel greets us in Nov! At first it was just going to be us but we are now thinking maybe the in-laws can come and watch her while we are scuba diving! We shall see!

Lindsey B August 3, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

Sounds like you had a great time!

I have a love affair with NOLA as well - there is just no other city like it! And, I too love a night at the Ritz!

Karen At Home Blog August 3, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

Good for you for getting away. I am so happy for you two.

Damn that pump for sabotaging your u had such a sleep!

So glad that you had such a great time!

Jennifer August 3, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

I am so happy you you guys got a night away. They come far and few between, so you should treasure the time you have. And it looks like you did. Love the black socks and orange flip flops...that would have made my trip..LOL!

Ashley August 3, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

Sounds awesome, cheers for the upgrade!
That bed looks delicous, and the food, no words. ;)

Meet the Brummett's August 3, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

OMG! I can not believe that your mom baked! I'm dieing!

Mike and Kirsten August 3, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

So glad you had a night out with your man...sounds like a very pleasant date night. :)

Courtney August 4, 2010 at 8:24 PM  

so glad you were able to spend time together...there's nothing like it! hope you're able to do it again- guilt free! :) my hubby always reminds me that berkley benefits just as much from hanging out with his grandparents as we do from being alone together.

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails