Search This Blog

Jackson's new do

>> Monday, August 23, 2010

Since day one we've all been shocked by how blond Jackson's hair is. During my pregnancy I always imagined Jackson to have dark hair, blue eyes and an olive complexion. Mr. has some pretty strong family traits, so we didn't think that my recessive genes stood a chance. To our surprise, I delivered a blond, blue-eyed, fair skin boy. Jackson even had the same widow's peak hair line that I had as a baby.

Jackson really didn't start growing a head full of hair until about 10 months. And then it started to grow pretty quickly. I trimmed his bangs a few times with my kitchen scissors, sorry Jack! The week of his birthday party I took him to my hairdresser to have a "professional" trim. But, I was so nervous I really didn't let April cut too much. She just trimmed enough to keep his bangs out of his face.

Well, that was back in May and he hasn't had his hair cut since. This was mainly due to the fact that I love his hair long. It started to curl a little in the back. It's so fine and so bleach blond. Can you tell that I just love his locks:)

Anyway, Mr. started to think Jackson was looking like a girl. He wanted to have his hair cut and I couldn't argue too much.

Saturday morning I hesitantly called a barber shop that came highly recommended. They said their wait wasn't bad, so we loaded Jackson in the car and headed that way {of course, after I took some pictures of his curls}.

The guys at the shop were awesome and calmed my nerves. Marco was so good with Jackson and got him to sit perfectly still. I was amazed! We will definitely be going back there for all of Jackson's big boy cuts in the future.








Some say that a smile is worth a thousand words. If so, then I think that Jackson loves his new do!
Photobucket

7 comments:

becca August 23, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

aw, first haircut. great photos! our little guy needs a trim for sure, but i just don't want to cut it :)

Jamie August 23, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

that last pic is too cute!

Gina August 23, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

Aw, he looks like such a big boy!

Amy August 23, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

That last pic? Priceless. Adorable!!

Funny is i had the SAME thing--thought i'd get a kid wtih dark hair, dark eyes and olive like his momma. NOPE!

dishwater blond, blue eyes and white as can be :)

the glover gang August 23, 2010 at 1:46 PM  

what a precious angel he is! i refuse to cut my sons hair (who is now 22 months and never had a hair cut bc he has still hardly grown any hair) in fear that he will never grow back the curls he has grown now! but im thinking its about time for us as well, in fear that a mullet is imminent... haha! cute pictures!

Jennifer August 23, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

He did so good....count your blessings. It used to take 3 people to old Christopher down when he got a haircut....it was pure torture. Jackson looks handsomer than ever...

Karen At Home Blog August 24, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

Jackson has such beautiful hair!!! What a cutie he was during his haircut!!! Jillian has my widow's peak too, isn't it funny to see ourselves in our babies?

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails