Search This Blog

Life after 5

>> Wednesday, August 4, 2010

No matter how crappy or wonderfully productive my work day was, the best part of my day is coming home. As I walk in the door I'm greeted by the sweetest little squeals of delight. I quickly change gears from the busy advertising gal to Momma. I'm not going to lie, it takes a minute to wind down. My days are full of client request that expect immediate attention. Phones that never stop ringing. And thought processes that are interrupted without regard. But when I walk through the door, I put my phone away. I try and turn my brain off {sometime too much, as I forgot to pay our nanny last week}.

Jackson only gets Momma for a couple of hours a night during the week. He deserves my best, even on the nights when I feel like I come home to put Jackson to bed, rinse and repeat.

Normally when I get home I get sugars from Jackson and Felicia tells me about their day. Then we go get the mail and wave bye-bye and blow kisses to Felicia. We go back inside and I nurse Jackson. This is our unwinding and reconnecting time. I am going to be so sad when these days are over. It is about the only time that Jackson sits still and lets you hold him. 'Cause when he's done nursing, the craziness of our night begins. From 6-7pm our nights are filled with a lot of this:


Photobucket

5 comments:

Betsy August 4, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

Oh man that is adorable! It's good that you get the chance to reconnect at the end of the day, too.

Meet the Brummett's August 4, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

I love, love, love that sweet little boy! Do you even know the cuteness that will happen in STL when the girls are playing chase with him?! It will be ADORABLE! love ya

Jennifer August 4, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

I am sure wearing 2 hats (momma and working gal) isn't easy. It is great that you have a routine that I am sure Jackson lookd forward to. He is too much :)

Julia Ladewski August 4, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

aww... that boy is soo stinkin' cute! i love unwinding to the sound of my kids yelling "mama!" best sound of the day!!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails