Search This Blog

Rombach's Pumpkin Patch and Pony Rides

>> Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I know y'all are probably wondering how long I plan to drag out our St. Louis trip in blog posts, but I promise this is the last one:)

For as far back as I can remember my parents took us to Rombach's Pumpkin Patch in St. Louis at least once every Fall. It's somewhat of a St. Louis tradition. My dad would always let me pick out the biggest pumpkin I could find, no matter what the cost. This little treasure hunt was one that I looked forward to every year. I remember some years when my pumpkin weighed more than I did and we'd laugh at my dad trying to get it home and on our front porch.  Even better than that were the evenings spent carving masterpieces in our pumpkins for Trick or Treat.

Last year Mr. and I took Jackson to a little pumpkin patch here in Louisiana.  It is a cute little patch set up at a local church.  It did the trick, and we'll have our own little memories there with our family.  However, Stephanie and I were both beside ourselves that we were in St. Louis for opening day at Rombach's! Yet another fun memory we got to re-live from our childhood together, with our toddlers.

We let the kids run around and check out all of the pumpkins and festivities.  Jackson was simply amazed, I think he thought the pumpkins were hundreds of balloons.  His latest obsession.

Our trip wasn't complete without letting the kids ride the ponies.  Landrie and Ella sat like little princesses the entire 3 laps, while Jackson was little unsure of what we had signed him up for!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Sippy Cup Mom October 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

Love the pictures! We have never been, we always go to Eckert's or Stuckmeyers!

Anonymous,  October 19, 2010 at 4:41 PM  

yay for pumpkin patching. and bonus for it being at your childhood place. very cool! jackson looks adorable, and i love that he thought all the pumpkins were balloons. our kiddo kept calling them balls!

Amber October 19, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

Love the pics, love pumpkin patches, love Jackson's shirt! :)

Jennifer October 20, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

What a great thing to be able to share your childhood memories with Jackson. I love that he wasn't sure about the pony :) It looked like a gorgeous day...and his shirt is too darn cute!

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails