Search This Blog

What's cooking?!?

>> Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Yes my friends, that is the question I got from the Mr. when he walked through the door last night - What's cooking?!?

I got home from work and transformed into a domestic diva! Mr. has his first trial outside of worker's comp court on Wednesday.  So, I wanted to do something nice for him. And I'm sure most of you that know me are wondering how cooking something would be nice.  Well, laugh all you want, but I cooked and it was easy and delicious! How often do those two words go together when it comes to me cooking?!?

Here's what you need for a domestic diva chicken pasta dinner:
one rotisserie chicken
one or two jars of your favorite pasta sauce
one box of your favorite type of pasta
one container of ricotta cheese
one package of shredded cheese
some herbs: basil, parsley, garlic, salt

Step-by-step directions (with photos for other domestically challenged divas like me)
chop up chicken
preheat oven to 350
bring a pot of water to a boil, pour in box of pasta

mix together: chicken pieces, ricotta cheese, and herbs

strain pasta when done (after about 8 minutes or whenever it's not crunchy)

mix in pasta and pasta sauce with chicken, ricotta cheese, herbs and pasta sauce
pour into a casserole dish
cover with shredded cheese
put in the oven for 20 minutes
give the baby a bath
call your Mr. home from work
nurse your baby, put him to bed, and wait for your Mr. in this:)
Totally joking about the apron, that was taken for a work promotion. No worries, I was in my pj's by the time Mr. got home!
 But we enjoyed a yummy dinner and that's all that matters:)
Photobucket

3 comments:

Ashley October 26, 2010 at 6:00 PM  

OMG, good for you, and that looks SOOOO super yummy definitly going to have to try that one!!!!

Good job love!

Ashley October 26, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

Way to go diva :) That sounds yummy!

Jennifer October 26, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

Go, you! I am sure Mr. was super happy that you were doing something nice for him. But the fact that it came out delicious was a plus :) I love the apron, don't laugh. I just made a 'diva' apron for myself....I will be posting it soon :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails